PO: Rammstein - Sehnsucht (Anniversary Edition)

Available in black and white variants. White is exclusive to their store.  Get it now for the low price of $67 for a 2xLP (plus $27.50 shipping to the US) 🥳

https://www.rammsteinshop.us/en/catalog/visuals-sounds/vinyl.html

Edited by andrewlucas
Grammar

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I was never super into Rammstein – and especially not in recent years – but I can’t deny that I had this one and Mutter in my iTunes as a kid.  Can’t say I feel any urge to own them as an adult but more power to anyone who does.  RIP that 2LP pricing though.  Spicy.

I’m in the exact same boat. Gotta hand it to them, they did put on an incredible show last September, given all the emotional shit I was put through that day hah

27 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

I’m in the exact same boat. Gotta hand it to them, they did put on an incredible show last September, given all the emotional shit I was put through that day hah

I have no doubt they would be a blast to see live.  I probably wouldn’t pay as much as I suspect their tickets cost, but I would make some kinda’ effort to catch them outside of a festival someday.

I never understood how this band fooled the world (especially how could they do it in the US) solely because of their circus live show. the music is awful, the lyrics are cringe (well, yeah probably 99% of you don't understand it), and their stage presence is beyond irritating. And they are playing stadiums everywhere... This is one of the biggest "how could this happen?" moment in heavy music to me. 

Edited by xfactor675

2 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

I never understood how this band fooled the world (especially how could they do it in the US) solely because of their circus live show. the music is awful, the lyrics are cringe (well, yeah probably 99% of you don't understand it), and their stage presence is beyond irritating. And they are playing stadiums everywhere... This is one of the biggest "how could this happen?" moment in heavy music to me. 

That's your personal opinion. My opinion is exactly the opposite. Was listening to them all last week and forgot how good they are! Won’t say that I read the lyrics translation, but the words fit the music very well and together gives so much of an atmosphere. Also the shows are brilliant!

26 minutes ago, IndigoHollow said:

That's your personal opinion. My opinion is exactly the opposite. Was listening to them all last week and forgot how good they are! Won’t say that I read the lyrics translation, but the words fit the music very well and together gives so much of an atmosphere. Also the shows are brilliant!

How could a giant penis cuming on the audience be briliant?  While one of their biggest song's chorus is "I want" repeatedly. There is nothing brilliant in either of those but sure we are all different.

Edited by xfactor675

10 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

How could a giant penis cuming on the audience be briliant?  While one of their biggest song's chorus is "I want" repeatedly. There is nothing brilliant in either of those but sure we are all different.

Some elements of Rammstein's show are meant to shock and provoke. Just because you didn't understand something or didn't like it doesn't mean it's "awful". 

54 minutes ago, IndigoHollow said:

Some elements of Rammstein's show are meant to shock and provoke. Just because you didn't understand something or didn't like it doesn't mean it's "awful". 

yeah i definetly "don't understand it", and it's not being disgusting or cheap as they only use it to draw attention while the music itself lacks any sort of  creativity. But you are right it's not their fault that people seek these kinda attractions instead of going to real musical events, all I was saying that I'm shocked and sad that this is what sells in this day and age, and especially amazed that even in the US where people are barely accepting anything outside of the us and even canadian and UK bands struggle, and here is this german (IN GERMAN, sick) band who makes it, just because of their show which has nothing to do with music. strange...

Edited by xfactor675

7 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

I disagree with this entirely. Their music is very good if you're  into industrial music. I like almost everything they have put out. On top of that I think their live show was one of the best I have ever seen. They actually put thought and effort into making it a great show and not just guys standing there playing music

Edited by JohnMatrix

5 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

I disagree with this entirely. Their music is very good if you're  into industrial music. I like almost everything they have put out. On top of that I think their live show was one of the best I have ever seen. They actually put thought and effort into making it a great show and not just guys standing there playing music

yeah i think their approach to melding modern metal riffing and industrial sensibilities was hugely innovative and still sounds pretty fresh after ~25 years. on the other hand, at least as someone who knows German, the cringe-inducing/shock jock humor that the majority of their songs rely upon lyrically feels extremely dated. one imagines the majority of their N.American audience neatly skirts this dilemma by just not really knowing what exactly Lindemann is saying :D

1 hour ago, copelandkid said:

on the other hand, at least as someone who knows German, the cringe-inducing/shock jock humor that the majority of their songs rely upon lyrically feels extremely dated. 

What are some examples of the translated lyrics that you refer to? 

I'm curious as I have never bothered to look up translations when listening to them. And I'd buy this anniversary reissue w/ the price point hurts so will have to pass. 

9 minutes ago, IndigoHollow said:

Dude just complaining and crying about everything in every topic, just leave him alone

Yeah sorry for having an opinion that is not matching yours... Enjoy Rammstein while you don't understand a word and you get artificial cum on you in the crowd. Everyone is different, take care.

Edited by xfactor675

5 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Yeah sorry for having an opinion that is not matching yours... Enjoy Rammstein while you don't understand a word and you get artificial cum on you in the crowd. Everyone is different, take care.

Rammstein is an awesome and unique band. And you just spreading your negativity all around in every single topic. Almost all your messages are written with a negative note. This spoils the joy of releases for other users. Contribute something to the board other than complains and negative energy.

16 minutes ago, IndigoHollow said:

Rammstein is an awesome and unique band. And you just spreading your negativity all around in every single topic. Almost all your messages are written with a negative note. This spoils the joy of releases for other users. Contribute something to the board other than complains and negative energy.

I contributed here more than you ever could, and still out of us, you were the one that started being personal, because you don't like my opinion on a band you like, grow up.

Also sorry that rationality tied with sarcasm on mostly prices and pointless 4.7-year anniversary deluxe represses means negativity for you and lot of other users.

Edited by xfactor675

4 hours ago, jhulud said:

What are some examples of the translated lyrics that you refer to? 

I'm curious as I have never bothered to look up translations when listening to them. And I'd buy this anniversary reissue w/ the price point hurts so will have to pass. 

I think you're better off not knowing.  Lindemann's (Till's side band) first album, Skills in Pills, is all in English, and -- as far as I'm concerned -- it's unlistenable.  Their second album, F&M, is all in German, and it's night-and-day.

In any case, like some others, I have the boxset they put out in 2015(?), but I'm glad they're finally making this available separately.