PO: Saves the Day - Can't Slow Down repress

4 hours ago, prowl20 said:

Someone reminded me of all the allegations surrounding Chris in 2021. Did that ever get debunked? Didn't EVR even make a statement denouncing those actions? I'm just confused and wondering if anyone knows things I might be missing. (I ordered a copy but now I'm not sure if I want a refund)

Don't want to put oil on the fire but let me get this straight. The "allegation" was so irrelevant that you already forgot in 2 years (like everyone else did), but now that you are reminded you are considering a cancel even though you don't even remember what it was about? Interesting take...

Here is the news from 21

https://loudwire.com/saves-the-day-chris-conley-response-abuse-sexual-misconduct-allegations/

9 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Don't want to put oil on the fire but let me get this straight. The "allegation" was so irrelevant that you already forgot in 2 years (like everyone else did), but now that you are reminded you are considering a cancel even though you don't even remember what it was about? Interesting take...

Here is the news from 21

https://loudwire.com/saves-the-day-chris-conley-response-abuse-sexual-misconduct-allegations/

Sorry, I'm not a Chris Conley-stan nor even a huge Saves The Day fan. This album and maybe a handful of songs from Through Being Cool are the most I could ever get into. I used to love both in high school but can't remember the last time I willingly listened to them. It's been MANY years. Like at least 2016-2017. I impulse bought a copy of Can't Slow Down because nostalgia is a motherfucker. 

I remember the news from 2021, I remember Chris making a statement. I remember Equal Vision condemning the actions. I was simply asking if anything new happened once Chris made a statement because as far as I know, it's been radio silence ever since. I don't keep tabs on the whatabouts of everyone's favorite emoboi. 

This also isn't a jab at anyone who still listens to them, or anyone who has bought a copy of the record. I was simply asking a question. 

17 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

Sorry, I'm not a Chris Conley-stan nor even a huge Saves The Day fan. This album and maybe a handful of songs from Through Being Cool are the most I could ever get into. I used to love both in high school but can't remember the last time I willingly listened to them. It's been MANY years. Like at least 2016-2017. I impulse bought a copy of Can't Slow Down because nostalgia is a motherfucker. 

I remember the news from 2021, I remember Chris making a statement. I remember Equal Vision condemning the actions. I was simply asking if anything new happened once Chris made a statement because as far as I know, it's been radio silence ever since. I don't keep tabs on the whatabouts of everyone's favorite emoboi. 

This also isn't a jab at anyone who still listens to them, or anyone who has bought a copy of the record. I was simply asking a question. 

I had kind of forgotten there were even any allegations too honestly, and it looks to me like:

Dude who hasn't grow up gets drunk and acts like a teenager, sends some unsolicited nudes to another adult, situation gets blown out of proportion.

I never want to minimize the harm anyone may have experienced, but this sounds like something that happens literally all the time to people, and while it sucks it became more of a big deal because of who Chris is.

14 hours ago, prowl20 said:

Someone reminded me of all the allegations surrounding Chris in 2021. Did that ever get debunked? Didn't EVR even make a statement denouncing those actions? I'm just confused and wondering if anyone knows things I might be missing. (I ordered a copy but now I'm not sure if I want a refund)

fag

3 minutes ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

Dude who hasn't grow up gets drunk and acts like a teenager, sends some unsolicited nudes to another adult,

I thought it was an underage fan when Chris was in his mid-twenties? I'm not arguing with your other points at all, just discussing semantics. Hopefully / maybe Chris has used the time to self-reflect, sober up and do better. 

50 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

I thought it was an underage fan when Chris was in his mid-twenties? I'm not arguing with your other points at all, just discussing semantics. Hopefully / maybe Chris has used the time to self-reflect, sober up and do better. 

You could be right, but I don't remember ever reading anything about the fan being underage.

I remember seeing that they did some shows for stay what you are and donating money to some anti abuse fund or something.

If you wanna stop buying records for artists because they’ve done bad things you should probably get rid of half your collection while you’re at it.  They’re all bad

2 hours ago, LIGMA_BALLZ said:

I remember seeing that they did some shows for stay what you are and donating money to some anti abuse fund or something.

If you wanna stop buying records for artists because they’ve done bad things you should probably get rid of half your collection while you’re at it.  They’re all bad

I’m always okay with making more shelf space. 😂

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Tour variant leftover ( orange white smash) is up online. I don't remember how big this recent tour was (based on the last few years probably 2 dates) but must be suck to be std nowadays if you can't move 250 records on tour :(

https://equal-vision-records.myshopify.com/collections/vinyl-lp/products/std0csd0wo-lp

Edited by xfactor675