Indian Summer - Giving Birth to Thunder

Indian Summer - Giving Birth to Thunder 

Available on Lightning (orange), black vinyl, and digital. 

https://numerogroup.com/products/indian-summer-giving-birth-to-thunder?variant=40262784975046

The fourth leg on the early emo table of Rites of Spring, Moss Icon, and Cap’n Jazz, Indian Summer’s Giving Birth To Thunder compiles their complete discography. Emo’s second wave crashed into the Bay Area in the summer of 1994 in a rage-filled capsule of quiet and loud, octave chords, angry sons, Spock haircuts, and screaming. At the eye of this pissed-for-the-hell-of-it storm were Indian Summer. In the quartet’s 12-month existence they wrote ten songs, appeared on half a dozen singles and comps, and played over 100 gigs across the U.S. and Canada before burning out, passing out, and moving out of their Blue House in Oakland. Their hand-screened aesthetic is replicated in alarming detail in the accompanying by 28-page book with detailed liner notes, flyers, and miscellaneous propaganda.

Very happy for a repress. Got the orange one. Not sure exactly what's up with shipping to the UK (it was a little awkward to check out) but managed to do so for a decent price. One of the best of its kind... whether one describes it as 'emocore', 'proto-screamo / screamo', 'post-hardcore' etc... it's legendary.

Edited by deer

15 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Anyone else still have a blue copy from the last press?

Yes I do, BUT I gotta direct the diehards to a friend’s latest passion project. Restoring rips of the original material as faithfully as possible, as he didn’t like how much Numero blunted frequencies with their harsher noise-removal techniques: 

https://canadianwastelandarchives.blogspot.com/2023/04/indian-summer-vinyl-discography-1993.html

On 4/29/2023 at 7:12 PM, DecayToDeath said:

Yes I do, BUT I gotta direct the diehards to a friend’s latest passion project. Restoring rips of the original material as faithfully as possible, as he didn’t like how much Numero blunted frequencies with their harsher noise-removal techniques: 

https://canadianwastelandarchives.blogspot.com/2023/04/indian-summer-vinyl-discography-1993.html

What two songs are missing? I have everything besides the “Live - Blue Universe” CD and the 12” version of the s/t 7” that Adagio released and I never noticed Giving Birth To Thunder was missing anything hahaspacer.png