Goodies from the vinyl record cabinet

30 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

I too installed blinds inside my record cabinets to hide them from the world. It’s nice to know there’s one other person out there who agrees this is the way to hide the shame of how much money we’ve spent on plastic. 

I, on the other hand, force guests to sleep in the record room.

18 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Really curious to know the records they have that were released in the last 5 years.

23 minutes ago, B_big said:

Several hundrets . . . 💯

Or, you know.  Actually 40.  28 if you don't count dupes.  I don't care enough enough to research if they're represses of older albums, but it looks like they were added up through 2022.

inb4 I don't add everything to Discogs. 😉

3 hours ago, B_big said:

What's your reply is all about?   Why are you here?  You obviously don't appreciate other collectors' records, right?

If you're not interested, you  should be sophisticated and refrain from making such comments. I don't think others are interested in this kind of destructive declarations.

Do you have any singles from Destructive Declarations?

On 5/7/2023 at 9:08 AM, B_big said:

You obviously don't appreciate other collectors' records, right?

There's a thread for posting collections, people do appreciate them, but this is just self-serving pretentiousness and not many people here are into the dank musty crap anyone can acquire from a dad's clear out of the bargain bin.

Just to clarify any confusion here, for anyone keeping score at home.

whoa is a great member of the community.

• It is not whoa’s responsibility to spoon-feed links or forum fundamentals to new users.  If you plan on continuing to clog up the forums, at least learn how to perform basic searches or familiarize yourself with the guidelines.  You shouldn’t need anyone to hold your hand through that.  “Give a man a fish / teach a man to fish…”, etc.

B_big is in fact posting dank musty crap anyone can acquire from a dad's clear out of the bargain bin.  (And it does not take an elitist or tastemaker to confirm this.)

• Nothing “redneck” has been said by whoa at any point.  Weird reach.

• Let it be known that OP’s entire air and demeanor has been rudely defensive since they showed up and began posting on VC.  A firm lesson in Consider treating others the way you want to be treated.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:44 AM, Derek™ said:

• Let it be known that OP’s entire air and demeanor has been rudely defensive since they showed up and began posting on VC.  A firm lesson in Consider treating others the way you want to be treated.

Honestly I think this is just because of the language barrier. Germans are... a bit more direct than Americans, generally speaking.

This dude's welcome to stay on the forum if he plans on contributing, and not just bumping his own thread as if VC is his personal Facebook page or something.

25 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

Honestly I think this is just because of the language barrier. Germans are... a bit more direct than Americans, generally speaking.

This dude's welcome to stay on the forum if he plans on contributing, and not just bumping his own thread as if VC is his personal Facebook page or something.

I was definitely entertaining that possibility as well, but also noticed that he has no real interest posting in any other thread – which, to be fair, are wildly out of his demographic – and seems to have a sassy response to every reply.  I understand firing back at the trolls having their fun, but he's been a lil' bitch to even the neutral responses that are politely entertaining his threads that he keeps bumping.  I'm all for some newbie leniency but this guy just sucks. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, scottheisel said:

This is my take too. I've just been quietly waiting to see if he contributes anywhere else. So far nothing.