[PO] QOTSA – In Times New Roman

June release date.  PO and (presumably) new single imminent.

This went up in their webstore earlier this morning but got pulled down.

QOTSA.png

$44.98 before shipping. 🫠 I'm sure there will be additional variants at comparably gross prices.

01. Obscenery
02. Paper Machete
03. Negative Space
04. Time & Place
05. Made to Parade
06. Carnavoyeur
07. What the Peephole Say
08. Sicily
09. Emotion Sickness
10. Straight Jacket Fitting

Edited by Derek™

All for a new album. The recent represses sound fantastic, so $45 is steep but at least the odds of these sounding really good are very high. That green looks interesting. Almost like a coke bottle green, but a darker hue. We’ll see what other variants come out, and hopefully a tour announcement cause I’ve never gotten to see them. 

6 hours ago, roadmonkey said:

Waiting for the inevitable $100 deluxe book edition that Matador will no doubt be putting out

I heard mumbling that they’re no longer with Matador and are now signed to Universal.

5 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

All for a new album. The recent represses sound fantastic, so $45 is steep but at least the odds of these sounding really good are very high. That green looks interesting. Almost like a coke bottle green, but a darker hue. We’ll see what other variants come out, and hopefully a tour announcement cause I’ve never gotten to see them. 

Someone pulled this list from the webstore before it was taken offline.  I imagine there will be indie variants, etc. but this is what was offered on the band’s site earlier.

IN TIMES NEW ROMAN Standard Black LP

IN TIMES NEW ROMAN Opaque Red LP

IN TIMES NEW ROMAN Opaque Green LP

IN TIMES NEW ROMAN Opaque Silver LP

IN TIMES NEW ROMAN Translucent Blue LP

IN TIMES NEW ROMAN CD

IN TIMES NEW ROMAN T-Shirt I

IN TIMES NEW ROMAN T-Shirt II

IN TIMES NEW ROMAN T-Shirt III

IN TIMES NEW ROMAN Limited Edition LP

4 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

hmm that pic you posted looks like it has the matador  logo on it.. Meh we'll find out soon enough

Yeah it does, I see what you mean.  Interesting…

As soon as a single goes up and the album gets added to streaming services, it’ll be pretty quick to see.

I hope this new album is mixed a bit better than Villains was.  There’s some genuinely killer material on that record but the production really clips the balls on it.  I bet it’s amazing live though.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I hope this new album is mixed a bit better than Villains was.  There’s some genuinely killer material on that record but the production really clips the balls on it.  I bet it’s amazing live though.

Agreed, along with FF’s Concrete and Gold. I found the solution was to play these records really fucking loud. 

3 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Opaque silver could be pretty dope. Either that or green for me unless there’s a deluxe. 

Someone on Reddit was saying that when the page was working, you could select the Deluxe listing and it would just pull up the option to select any of the variants?  There was also some “placeholder” text, apparently.  I’m very curious to see what the deluxe will actually encompass.

9 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

First single Emotion Sickness is out there. Not my speed personally but production felt beefier than Villians.

I don't think I love[d] it either, but I will admit that I sorta' warmed up to its chorus by the second time it popped up.  Decent song, not necessarily blown away or anything.  Waiting for it to debut on streaming services before giving it another listen.  I think that'll happen tomorrow morning, along with a proper PO.

• Derek™ changed the title to [PO] QOTSA – In Times New Roman