How did you find Vinyl Collective?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Known about it for a while because friends of mine are on here...decided to make an account last night after Googling to see when the hell New Bermuda preorders might actually ship, getting linked to a thread here, then somehow ending up on a thread for the Glassjaw "Coloring Book" preorder nightmare.

Y'all were entertaining, so now here I am.

I was drunk last night and decided that would be a good time to re-balance my tone arm for no reason at all, since it was fine, lol. Of course I dropped the stylus onto the rubber slipmat. So while I battle my horrendous hangover, I decided to Google what kind of damage this might have done my BRAND NEW Ortofon 2M Red, and this message board was the first result. :) So hello everyone. I am a 10C member, and there are a lot of vinyl fans over there, but I figured it was time to join a board specifically dedicated to vinyl as well! Happy to be here.

(I am just going to try and forget about the stylus accident - sounds fine, so I am just going to roll with it rather than buying another $100 stylus!)

• 2 weeks later...

I found this site a few days ago when I was looking for a place to talk about music and to have conversation with like minded people. I ended up in the Small Talk forum first and made a huge blunder. I still follow the conversation, but I'm afraid that my presence may not be wanted after that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm new around town. Just started my collection last year and up to 25 records.

I found this forum while looking for pressing information on The Postal Service's Give Up on vinyl. I've also been using the #vinylcollective on instagram for vinyl photos I take (and had no idea there was an actual vinyl collective website :P).

Joined today after searching the net for rumoured releases for Record Store Day 2016. After seeing some of the banter between members in that thread I figured I'd join. Been an avid vinyl enthusiast for a few years and have amassed a collection that probably stands at about 150 records to date (nothing I own stays mint for long).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...