How did you find Vinyl Collective?

On 5/11/2016 at 1:21 PM, freezeflash said:

I found out about VC about 6 or 7 years ago through Suburban Home Records, Apparently I signed up for the message boards in 2010 but this is my first post. Long time lurker and collector over here.

Another Capital Region alum!  I live in Delmar man!

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon!

I joined the vinyl side about 2 years ago now. It was at that point that I realized due to my website, I wasn't buying music much anymore. The vast majority was sent to me digitally. So, I figured, buying them on CD wasn't going to benefit me personally, as I'd just pop it into iTunes and move on, so as I had a turntable, it was time to go vinyl.

Now, about 150 or more later...I wonder if I made the right choice. haha.

I'm also doing vinyl specific music reviews as well and was hoping to get a bigger audience for those.

Click Here For My Site

I googled vinyl forum and I this one came up. It wasn't attached to any vinyl mail clubs, so it seemed the right place to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this place 5 minutes ago.  I'm trying to get my head around Dan Auerbach's new album Waiting On A Song and needed some guidance, other opinions to help formulate my own, so punched my topic into the search engine and here I am.  I also spend a lot of time on Reddit - VinylReleases forum, researching, digging, hunting for vinyl, so it looks like Vinyl Collective has now become part of that research base.  

Hi all. :)

I was a member of another forum, and only for a few weeks, out of the blue they ended my membership.  Dont know why, did not do anything wrong only had a few post. Tried to rejoin, tossed again, so I was looking for somewhere else to enjoy and found this place.  Brand new as of tonight. Still not sure what happened, glitch or someone hates me that I dont know??

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, brand new to the forum as of five minutes ago!  Been browsing for a bit, and stumbled upon this site while searching for some records that I'd love to add to my collection. Posting up an "About Me" on my profile, and will eventually get around to putting up a trade/want list as well in the forums.  Cheers!

-Chris

• 1 month later...

I first came across the VC forums long ago, in ages lost to the mists of time. I suppose I "knew" in some animal sense, but was not aware. Floral Shoppe changed everything. Like so many others, I was all innocent ageek last Wednesday. Google it branged me hither, and I happened to notice ericness's post about OESB's standby list (thank you, btw). That evening, I composed a brief but respectful message to be shunt out Oregon way by means of the electrical mail. And came today the call-up: 50 fresh copies hot for to grip. The money button flashed before my eyes, and by the time I'd cleared PayPal, to the last they were gone. A cold understanding dawned within...

This isn't a hobby. It's war. And I could use me a army.

• 3 weeks later...