How did you find Vinyl Collective?

virgil started ordering records from us and i was hating viva la vinyl.

it was a match made in heaven!

why were you hating vlv?

when from viva la vinyl to viva la shittalk

i joined the board when it started like 5 years ago, and it just blows now. i peep it every once in awhile, but its just a bunch of shit talkers and maybe 2-3 threads about records.

I saw a newspost on absolutepunk.net about the ETID box-set, and I'm a bit of a fanboy, so I ordered it. That moment really got my vinyl collection going, because up until that point I had accumulated a few stray EPs and LPs, but wasn't serious, but with that purchase I hunted down a record player and now have 40 or 50 records, plus pulled a few crates full of classics out of my basement that my mother had given me.

I saw a post on Punknews regarding Tim Barry's new album (at the time), Rivana Junction. I downloaded it off Oink (gasp), and it quickly became on of my favourite albums. I decided that I had to have it on vinyl, and basically I figured I'd order it from the actual record label as opposed to Interpunk or whatnot. It started from there.

On a somewhat related note, I've seen Tim twice live at this point, both amazing shows. The last show was in front of maybe 20 people, and after talking with Tim it became obvoius how down to earth and nice he really is.

I saw a post on Punknews regarding Tim Barry's new album (at the time), Rivana Junction. I downloaded it off Oink (gasp), and it quickly became on of my favourite albums. I decided that I had to have it on vinyl, and basically I figured I'd order it from the actual record label as opposed to Interpunk or whatnot. It started from there.

On a somewhat related note, I've seen Tim twice live at this point, both amazing shows. The last show was in front of maybe 20 people, and after talking with Tim it became obvoius how down to earth and nice he really is.

Tim is a freakin' awesome dude. I saw AVAIL and jericho RVA (who are now smoke or fire) back in '03 and after the show was over showed him my flag bearer tattoo. He was totally stoked, and want'd a picture of it, which he took ovr by the merch booth. Was an awesome experience, not only was he down to earth but he talk'd to me like he had known me for years.

what an awesome guy.

Yeh, Tim’s great. The first time I saw him and his band with Smoke or Fire (awesome band btw), and the second Tim was just him, his sister and Josh Small. When I saw him the second time I bought them each a beer and they were so appreciative. Then Tim and I talked about trains (I’m a geek, what can I say) for a good half-hour. To me, Tim, his music and Vinyl Collective personifies everything that is good in the DIY scene, that people that are down to earth and true to themselves can still find success and fulfillment in this crazy, consumerist world we live in. I feel that I am truly lucky to have been exposed to his music and to be a part of the community, even in a small way.

i remember i bought a blood brothers record off of ebay. then after a while i realized other records i wanted were all being sold by this suburban home place. then i checked the website out and found alot of records i wanted. then virgil started vinyl collective and i've been hooked pretty much ever since.