post your set-up thread

That's Bars of Gold "Of Gold". The orange vinyl is no longer available, but you can get the teal, white and green here.

Bars of Gold is Marc Paffi's new band.  He was the front man of the legendary Bear Vs. Shark.  Both are awesome. I actually worked this record to press.  Here's the bio I did.

http://www.beartrappr.com/test/Beartrap%20Website%20bios/Bars%20Of%20Gold%20bio.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Having fun with my new cheapo fish-eye adapter

9609983125_1947946c70_b.jpg

Audio Set-Up:

Marantz AV7701 Pre-Processor/Pre-Amp

Marantz MM7055 Power Amplifier

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Shure m97xe Cartridge w/ Jico SAS stylus)

Marantz CD5004 CD Player

Sony SS-U620AV Speakers

9609960873_207d96ab71_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some pretty impressive setups here! Below I've posted a shitty photo of my setup. It's not fancy but it gets the job done pretty well. Since I listen to mostly 45s, I like to go with the 2 turntable option. I run 2 stanton str8-100's with shure white labels most of the time, going through a basic numark c3 19" mixer. On the lower deck, I have a numark cdn dual cd player, furman power conditioner and a behringer composer mdx2600(for the mics). For mics I use the Shure sm7b and an Audix om2. I also have a behringer 4 input headphone amplifier so that I can have multiple sets of cans going, of which I use the AKG K 240 MK2. If I'm listening in my living room, I run everything through an Onkyo TX8555 and a pair of Sony SS F7000 tower speakers.

Some of the gear helps me do a radio/webcast type show, but the headphone amp is great for having friends over listening to records. We can pop on the mics, throw on a nice set of cans and have a conversation while listening to music.

IMAG0655_zps8291ebc4.jpgIMAG0657_zpsc692a36c.jpg

Some pretty impressive setups here! Below I've posted a shitty photo of my setup. It's not fancy but it gets the job done pretty well. Since I listen to mostly 45s, I like to go with the 2 turntable option. I run 2 stanton str8-100's with shure white labels most of the time, going through a basic numark c3 19" mixer. On the lower deck, I have a numark cdn dual cd player, furman power conditioner and a behringer composer mdx2600(for the mics). For mics I use the Shure sm7b and an Audix om2. I also have a behringer 4 input headphone amplifier so that I can have multiple sets of cans going, of which I use the AKG K 240 MK2. If I'm listening in my living room, I run everything through an Onkyo TX8555 and a pair of Sony SS F7000 tower speakers.

Some of the gear helps me do a radio/webcast type show, but the headphone amp is great for having friends over listening to records. We can pop on the mics, throw on a nice set of cans and have a conversation while listening to music.

IMAG0655_zps8291ebc4.jpgIMAG0657_zpsc692a36c.jpg

Amazing

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks very much.

Not tidy or very minimalist though, it does look a bit like back stage at the Who if you look behind at all the cables

You're obviously a rookie to this hobby.  Don't worry: stick around and soon you'll have answers to riveting, audio-related questions such as, "should I replace the needle on my Audio Technica LP60?" or "Can you help upgrade my system for $75 or less?"

You're obviously a rookie to this hobby.  Don't worry: stick around and soon you'll have answers to riveting, audio-related questions such as, "should I replace the needle on my Audio Technica LP60?" or "Can you help upgrade my system for $75 or less?"

Funniest thing I have heard all day