post your set-up thread

So far so good. I added some short bass traps to three floor/corners of the room and that made a difference. I think I'm going to add a panel behind my sitting position, but other than that I'm already pretty pleased with the room. Not sure how to comment specifically on the ceiling, but if anything it seems like it would be beneficial, especially since it's not flat, almost a diffuser of sorts...

Thanks for your reply. Happy to hear that it works out for you.

Figured this would be a good thread to let you guys know I picked up a very nice and affordable anti-static slipmat and received some very quick (& cheap) shipping as well as perfect customer service. He even took my payment via PayPal without me signing up for etsy; which is required to purchase items on the site. Here's the link:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/98574710/cork-antistatic-turntable-slip-mat

The Wharfedale Dentons arrived and I'm very pleased. A much more enjoyable listen than the EPOS Epic 2's. The Epic, while great, felt a little sterile - these are nice and warm, with a lot of detail. They go low too - no need for sub. Might have lost a little in stereo image, but overall I'm way happier with these. Will be interesting to see how a little burn in affects them. 

B1EAB2B8-7853-4612-B44A-651109A85625.jpg

The Wharfedale Dentons arrived and I'm very pleased. A much more enjoyable listen than the EPOS Epic 2's. The Epic, while great, felt a little sterile - these are nice and warm, with a lot of detail. They go low too - no need for sub. Might have lost a little in stereo image, but overall I'm way happier with these. Will be interesting to see how a little burn in affects them. 

I'm quite interested to hear a pair of these as I've read some good reviews from owners rather than just paid for magazine reviews.

They won't have to work hard to be better than their 70's namesakes though as sadly the Rank made Wharfedales from that period were woeful.

Its not a good idea to have your turntable on top of your amp regardless of which turntable or amp.

I know the isolation feet on an SL1200 are quite good I've used enough professionally but that's with a DJ cart like a Stanton and your Ortofon is a little more sensitive than the average DJ cart

Not trying to be a prick but your stylus works on vibrations and when you turn your amp up it's going to add unwanted vibrations regardless of how good the isolation feet on your turntable are.

It doesn't help in the cooling airflow to your amp either.

B1EAB2B8-7853-4612-B44A-651109A85625.jpg

I have the Epic 2s as well and noticed it does sound a little flat as well. Did you sell the Epos? Those are some nice speakers you got there. 

Also- ditch those Realistics. 2 channel audio means 2 speakers. You're just mixing weird sounds....

Oh man. I didn't realize that's what was happening there. Ha.

Those Pioneers are decent budget speakers once you give them more space and remove those other two speakers you'll notice a pleasant different for sure.

this is me, nothing fancy...

• Pioneer SA-5200
  • Technics SL 1300
  • Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Speakers
  • Realistic Minimus 7 Speakers

I am very happy with the sound :)

It's nice to see someone with a Sl1300 happy with the sound when Im considering restoring one. It appears to work fine but because it would need a paint job to look decent, I might as well think about at least rewiring it. The paint job just seems like such a pain that Im not sure if really want to.

It's nice to see someone with a Sl1300 happy with the sound when Im considering restoring one. It appears to work fine but because it would need a paint job to look decent, I might as well think about at least rewiring it. The paint job just seems like such a pain that Im not sure if really want to.

yes, I was going to invest in getting a 1200 but I found this one cheap and after trying it out, I loved it and no complaints ever so far.