post your set-up thread

Feel like I have a set up I'll be sticking with for a while for the first time. Just picked up a Peachtree Nova 220se and some new to me Martin Logan SL3's. Running the Pro-ject 1.3 (Audio Technica 440ML) through an Aural Thrills tube pre with 3 Sovtek 12ax7lps. Feeling pretty stoked at the moment.

DSC01284_zpsflcysm3t.jpg

DSC01290_zps8tkuowa4.jpg

DSC01278_zps0d7arylm.jpg

DSC01291_zpsyotj1ao0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Been working on this garage conversion for a few months and it's finally done (for the most part). My setup in here is...

Clearaudio Concept w/ Clearaudio Artist V2 Cartridge

Graham Slee Era Gold V Phono

Marantz PM6005 Integrated

EPOS Epic 2 Speakers (these are being sent back, due to a funny rattle in one of them - thinking I'm going to go with the Wharfedale Denton's as they're sold out of the Epic 2's) 

Photo%20Mar%2022%207%2011%2051%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Mar%2020%205%2016%2055%20PM.jpg

Been working on this garage conversion for a few months and it's finally done (for the most part). My setup in here is...

EPOS Epic 2 Speakers (these are being sent back, due to a funny rattle in one of them - thinking I'm going to go with the Wharfedale Denton's as they're sold out of the Epic 2's) 

Photo%20Mar%2022%207%2011%2051%20PM.jpg

That is an awesome garage conversion.

This looks like an image for Real Simple.

Nice work, system looks good. How are you liking the Concept?

Damn, nice garage. Mine mostly has a squirrel infestation, hockey gear, water-logged drywall, and bicycles. But yours inspires me. Maybe I should kick out the squirrels and replace with a Clearaudio TT...

I wish mine had squirrels, just carpenter ants eating away at it. Kill them off every year, but they come right back.

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with how it turned out.

So far I'm loving the Clearaudio/Artist V2 - that combined with the Gold Era V is a MASSIVE upgrade from the Debut Carbon/2M Blue I'm running in my living room. I think the Dentons are going to be a better pairing with the system than the Epic 2's are  too - so I'm excited to make that happen. 

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with how it turned out.

So far I'm loving the Clearaudio/Artist V2 - that combined with the Gold Era V is a MASSIVE upgrade from the Debut Carbon/2M Blue I'm running in my living room. I think the Dentons are going to be a better pairing with the system than the Epic 2's are  too - so I'm excited to make that happen. 

I've seen those Dentons on clearance for some time now.  I kind of assumed that since they're a reproduction (albeit updated) of a classic product, that they were more style versus substance.

So I finally finished putting together my setup. It has taken a few months of scouring second-hand stores and sites, and figuring out what I wanted and needed, and what worked in my space.

313t0yw.jpg

2luvvuw.jpg

What I had and kept: 

JVC QL-F4 direct drive turntable

NAD PP3i Phono Preamp

What I picked up (and price in CDN)

NAD C326BEE Amp ($325 used)

Grado Gold 1 Cartridge ($225 new)

Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers ($230 used)

Apple Airport Express [newest version] ($75 refurbished from apple)

Cambridge Audio DacMagic ($220 used)

Grado SR125 headphones ($60 used)

I'm pretty happy with this for now. I think if I had a better opportunity for layout, I would upgrade a few things, but space is sort of limited (hence the speaker wires going 30 feet over the ridge of the doorframe to the other wall). If we can ever afford to not have a tenant in the basement, I'd have a lot more flexibility for setup and speaker placement.

I've seen those Dentons on clearance for some time now.  I kind of assumed that since they're a reproduction (albeit updated) of a classic product, that they were more style versus substance.

I thought the same thing till I started reading reviews. My dream set of speakers is some Harbeths and these are basically the poor man's version. For the price I've heard really good things. I'll let you know what I think...

I thought the same thing till I started reading reviews. My dream set of speakers is some Harbeths and these are basically the poor man's version. For the price I've heard really good things. I'll let you know what I think...

I have got another question for you: how is that high ceiling working out for you sound-wise? Do you notice a difference when compared to a "regular" ceiling?

Our new house will have a living room with an open ceiling as well, and I am kind of worried as to what it will do to the sound in the room.

I have got another question for you: how is that high ceiling working out for you sound-wise? Do you notice a difference when compared to a "regular" ceiling?

Our new house will have a living room with an open ceiling as well, and I am kind of worried as to what it will do to the sound in the room.

So far so good. I added some short bass traps to three floor/corners of the room and that made a difference. I think I'm going to add a panel behind my sitting position, but other than that I'm already pretty pleased with the room. Not sure how to comment specifically on the ceiling, but if anything it seems like it would be beneficial, especially since it's not flat, almost a diffuser of sorts...