post your set-up thread

I haven't got any photos yet as I'm still putting the setup together piece by piece, but I thought I'd share regardless.

Denon DP-300F (w/ 2M Blue) > TCC TC-750 Phono Preamp > NAD C352 Integrated Amp > Monitor R90HD's / AKG Q 701's

I've got the NAD C352 and AKG Q 701's already, next week I'll be buying the Monitor R90HD's with a set of speaker stands (if the secondhand pair I'm looking at doesn't sell by then, if they do I'll pick up some Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's) and probably the preamp. Then it's just saving up for the turntable!

This is the area where I'll be putting it all (sorry for the cell phone picture)

SxmB34F.jpg

I think we should start a fund of some sort for Seafinch, being forced to use that entry level stuff is obviously abuse of some kind.

I'd say this cause is the exact reason gofundme exists.

Main rack, from top to bottom: Goldring GR-2 turntable, Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD with Parasound Zphono behind it, Toshiba D-R410 DVD Recorder, JVC dual cassette deck (TD-W254), PlayStation 3 sitting on top of Orei BDP-M2 region free 3D Blu-ray player, Bell Satellite HD PVR sitting on Panamax M5100-PM Power Conditioner, Onkyo TX-NR3010 with an Antec AV Cooler on top to keep it running extremely cool to the touch.

144321_full.jpg

I've upgraded my main speakers from Paradigm Monitor 11v4s to Acoustic Energy AElite 3s, they cost over twice as much as the Paradigms but I got an incredible deal from them as the line had been discontinued a couple years ago, paid about 30% of MSRP, yes OF, not OFF. The smaller footprint has allowed me to install them further away from the wall and the bass response now is absolutely magic. All walls have sound insulation behind them, but definitely the new placement brought the bass to a new controlled, deep and precise level. I now no longer listen to CDs with the AVR's DSPs crossover engaged to include my sub (Paradigm Servo 15v2) but rather in PURE DIRECT mode like I do all vinyl.

Here's a pic of the AElite 3s when I first brought them home and had them set-up as my zone2 speakers, before I moved them downstairs.

IMG_8493s.jpg

(Grilles off for pic)

More system pics here - http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=dobyblue&folderid=8407

Wow. What happened to your Omegas? I'm still really intrigued by the whole single driver thing... I guess you found something you liked better.

Hey bud! I finally was able to find a speaker that gave me that single driver coherence and imagine with much better dynamic capabilities.  Being ultra sensitive to crossover designs, it took a while to find something that fit the bill.  The single driver path MUST be pursued so keep at it.  The experience is very important I think...but yes, I am happy with what I found and my friend now owns my beloved Omega speakers.  He enjoys them everyday.

Are you a Cowboy/Astronaut/Millionaire?

He's a high school substitute teacher. He just prioritized his money unlike you chumps.

High school substitute teacher is correct! ;)

• 2 weeks later...