NHL Discussion

I'm so pumped for the Coyotes!

My favorite former Blue Jackets play for them, haha

Rinne versus Smith and Halak vs. Quick. Talk about some good goaltending matchups. As I always say first and foremost in the playoffs you need good goaltending, then timely scoring and a whole lot of luck. If you can put all three those together to win 16 games then something really good is going to happen.

This is why Shanahan sucks and this is why Chris Neil is an asshole:

Chris Neil doesn't get reviewed by the League after his hit on Boyle, then he get's a taste of his own medicine last night night with a good hit by Michael Del Zotto and then in a post-game rant he promises revenge for the hit. “I’m sure I’ll catch him with his head down one of these times,” Neil said.

Now, even though everyone says Neils hit on Boyle was "clean", if you watch the replay from the camera that follows Neil as that play unfolds, you clearly see his eyes on Boyle the entire time as he lines up for the cheap shot. No doubt he intended to injure.

So, since he wasn't disciplined, he has no problem telling the media what his intent is for the next game. It's a joke.

The best part about the hit last night is after he get's up and makes his way back to the bench he is LIVID!! He is screaming his head off about the non-call and the hit to HIS head. You can actually read his lips as he screams over and over "Oh, you want to play that way! That's the way you wanna play, OK, OK?!?" He's so mad it looks like his head is going to explode. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't HE the one that decided to "play that way"? He's an ass.

And by the way, Chris Neil's feet played a major role in BOTH of Ottawa's goals last night (the first goal ligit, the second, not so much).

Don't forget Michalek's kicking. Seriously, Ottawa is starting to adopt a lot of the dirtiness and diving from the Canucks. Karlsson is an incredibly talented player, but the dives he is taking aren't gaining him any respect around the league.

The officiating was a joke, from both sides last night.

Alfie's hissyfit was the most entertaining thing I've ever seen come out of Ottawa since Steve Downie destroyed Dean MacAmmond.

Neil's always been a scumbag. Fuck him. He's up there with Marchand as a "don't give a shit if he's injured seriously" player.

I missed the hit, actually, and can't find it on youtube. Anyone have it anywhere? Who hit him?

http://video.thescore.com/watch/del-zotto-nails-neil

"The Score" calling that hit a blindside is a ridiculous stretch.

This just gets better and better...

Milan Michalek will not face discipline after he appeared to kick Dan Girardi with his skate Monday. It was reported that the league would review the incident but Brendan Shananigan only issued a warning to Senators general manager Bryan Murray. No suspension or a fine for Michalek even though there has been precedent for discipline on such plays. Carolina's Jeff Skinner and Anaheim's Bobby Ryan both earned two-game suspensions for similar incidents in the past.

Shananigan needs to be fired now before it gets any worse.

This just gets better and better...

Milan Michalek will not face discipline after he appeared to kick Dan Girardi with his skate Monday. It was reported that the league would review the incident but Brendan Shananigan only issued a warning to Senators general manager Bryan Murray. No suspension or a fine for Michalek even though there has been precedent for discipline on such plays. Carolina's Jeff Skinner and Anaheim's Bobby Ryan both earned two-game suspensions for similar incidents in the past.

Shananigan needs to be fired now before it gets any worse.

Bobby Ryan got two games against the Preds, which may have greatly affected the outcome of that series.