NHL Discussion

I thought Buffalo looked damn good. Slow start in the 2nd, and some sloppy plays throughout. Overall, I'm satisfied. Hope Grigorenko stays up, he looked nervous, but after he drew that penalty I feel like he's gonna help.

I don't know if you could tell from watching on TV (unless you were there, too) but the place was dead quiet for the first 8 minutes of the game. They definitely looked good though. Hodgson played out of his mind. Ott was very impressive. And Grigorenko played well for what he did. Ended up ordering his jersey from the store on Saturday... Feels weird buying a jersey of a kid that is 8 years younger than me, but I guess that's the way it's gonna be from now on.

I treat Hossa every year as, "Well we'll see how it goes". Because he's been injured pretty much every season he's been here. Last season he started off top 3 in the league scoring but got hurt and never was a huge factor after. I'm not a huge Kane fan but seems to be when he's hot making passes we score more. 

But these first two games are pretty much what the Hawks are about. Between Toews, Sharp, Hossa and Kane we can score more then any other team. Then give back 4 goals due to crap goaltending. 

NHL network host picked leafs over sabres because, "sabres didn't look that good against Philly." The lack of a day off would have been a better reason.

i thought buffalo looked great. remember, that more than "half of the flyers" played over in europe during the lockout. so that said - its gonna be a looooong season by the way it looks for the flyers.

Thought I'd post this here do others could see who we're cheering for, haha.

Jeffersonhowell

- Boston

- Phoenix

- San Jose

- Ottawa

- Montreal

6heart6breaker6

- Los Angeles

- Philadelphia

- Minnesota

- Winnipeg

- Edmonton