NHL Discussion

Tonight? That's been his m.o. his whole career.

I'm a Ducks fan and this is very true... He has always whined and complained and then taken cheap shots... he's also incredibly lazy if things don't go his way the first time around...

but you can't deny his goal scoring ability.

I swear we have seen eachother at the games before...

Most likely not. I usually sit in the 400 section and last season was the season I went to more than 1-2 games. And I don't really meet other people at games. I probably should haha. But my young friend was picking up this older lady's vibe last night. It was awesome. He's got dat game.

Most likely not. I usually sit in the 400 section and last season was the season I went to more than 1-2 games. And I don't really meet other people at games. I probably should haha. But my young friend was picking up this older lady's vibe last night. It was awesome. He's got dat game.

I only sit in the 400s... usually anywhere between 418 to 428... I can't afford the other seats...

How much are tickets usually to a ducks game?

face value - anywhere between 13 - 150 except box level or glass seats.

re-sell value - you can usually purchase tickets for 5 dollars day of from the place across the street (not high profile games) for cheap seats. Anything in lower bowl usually is going to be pricey...

Are you fucking serious? Canucks tickets, lower bowl, regular season are around $250 each, you're lucky if you can find upper bowl for under $100. If Chicago or Pittsburgh or someone comes to town, watch out

of course this is always relative... and like I said, thats face value, not what you purchase it for. Every game is usually a sell out with 60 percent of tickets in re-sellers hands... like most every team.

It won't last

No team captained by Joe Thornton will ever win the cup anyways.

That's an absolute fallacy. Utterly wrong. It makes me sick that it's such a common conception.

If the Sharks don't win the cup it will have nothing to do with being captained by Joe Thornton. It will be because they fell short in x amount of aspects. Thornton will only be of a benefit to their chances. An extreme benefit. I've never seen a player want it as badly as Thornton the last few seasons. It's a joke that because Boston was so shitty to him he gets this wrap as some sort of choker.

I'm not saying it won't be because of him, it's just how I feel.

Despite his immense talent he's never shown me that he has the heart to lead a team to a cup.

The reason I hate the opinion so much is because you're basically in the majority with that stance.

Thornton has been an absolute beast in the postseason for the Sharks. For years now. It sucks that they've fallen short, and I understand it's easy to point at the face of the team, but it hasn't been because of Thornton

The reason I hate the opinion so much is because you're basically in the majority with that stance.

Thornton has been an absolute beast in the postseason for the Sharks. For years now. It sucks that they've fallen short, and I understand it's easy to point at the face of the team, but it hasn't been because of Thornton

Welp, there's a reason stereotypes exist.

Welp, there's a reason stereotypes exist.

In sports, guys get reputations, good or bad, and they grow and grow. Thornton had a couple no shows in Boston, 10 years ago, now he's a playoff choker. And really, he's hated around the league, which I find very weird.

Was he a choker when he scored the series winner agaisnt the Kings?

In sports, guys get reputations, good or bad, and they grow and grow. Thornton had a couple no shows in Boston, 10 years ago, now he's a playoff choker. And really, he's hated around the league, which I find very weird.

Was he a choker when he scored the series winner agaisnt the Kings?

You sure you wanna go there? 1 series winner doesnt negate a career of being one of the most notoriously heartless players in the game.

Oh, and..

70409782.jpg