NHL Discussion

You sure you wanna go there? 1 series winner doesnt negate a career of being one of the most notoriously heartless players in the game.

Which is exactly what I'm saying, he's not. Take this from someone that has watched him for what, 7 years now, which includes a trip to the postseason every year.

He no showed a series or two, became miserable in Boston, half assed a faceoff that lead to a loss and was given to The Sharks. Since then the rep has only grown, which is riduclous and completely ill informed and / or biased

You sure you wanna go there? 1 series winner doesnt negate a career of being one of the most notoriously heartless players in the game.

Oh, and..

[img=http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2012-06/70409782.jpg]

Ian... I like you. You're the third kings fan I actually like.

Which is exactly what I'm saying, he's not. Take this from someone that has watched him for what, 7 years now, which includes a trip to the postseason every year.

He no showed a series or two, became miserable in Boston, half assed a faceoff that lead to a loss and was given to The Sharks. Since then the rep has only grown, which is riduclous and completely ill informed and / or biased

Look, im not knocking Jumbo on his skill. Its him as a captain, sometimes a team needs a captain to take them on his back to win a cup and Joe has yet to/show he is capable of that.

There's a reason Torts called the Sharks the softest team in the league last season and it starts with the Captain. I think the Sharks are better served giving the C to someone like Couture or Lil Joe.

And the knock on Joe wouldn't keep growing if it was ill informed or biased. You said yourself the majority have this opinion as well including several Sharks fans that i know.

Look, im not knocking Jumbo on his skill. Its him as a captain, sometimes a team needs a captain to take them on his back to win a cup and Joe has yet to/show he is capable of that.

There's a reason Torts called the Sharks the softest team in the league last season and it starts with the Captain. I think the Sharks are better served giving the C to someone like Couture or Lil Joe.

And the knock on Joe wouldn't keep growing if it was ill informed or biased. You said yourself the majority have this opinion as well including several Sharks fans that i know.

_____

The vast vast majority of Sharks fans don't feel that way at all. I'd consider the opinion an urban legend, and fairly or what I absolutely feel is unfairly, it will only grow until he wins a Cup.

Torts? John Tortorella? He's an asshole in general, on the outside looking in, has been passed on by The Sharks for a head coaching job, and said that probably not much after Thornton made some pretty ill advised comments on being better than The Rangers.

Joe has put the Sharks on his back. He's the right guy for the C. It just hasn't worked out.

Hell, Patrick Marleau is dealing with the same thing; have a couple bad playoffs and all of a sudden it's set in stone that he can't get it done.

He gets his points in the postseason, what he doesn't so is inspire or will his team to wins. That is what good captains, who lead their teams to cups, do.

I'm not gonna sit here and go in circles, we obviously have different opinions that arnt gonna change. I hope Joe proves me wrong at some point, but I doubt it.

A player can only go as far as his team and goalie will take him. Thorton has fucking killed it in the playoffs in recent years. Its not his fault his team falls short. Its kinda hard when you had a choke artist like Nabokov who would let up softies in clutch moments. And with Niemi, I dont know what is up with that kid. 

Corey Perry's night tonight in Anaheim. It was redemption for him after last night's "bad sex". We all have that night and we all have to get it out, but in the end, it helps us get better.

If the Sharks win the cup this season, I'm blaming the Kings for not defending their title. But I could care less now that their names are permanently engraved on the cup. My hats off to the Kings (and an exceptional list of fans who are a dime a dozen). And if the Sharks really win it, then California won more cups in 6 years than all of Canada. Not to make Canada sound like shit, but seriously, they had their chances and didn't rise to the occasion.

I don't know what else to say about today because I've been up for almost 24 hours. I can't wait to see what goes on in a couple of weeks.

Corey Perry's night tonight in Anaheim. It was redemption for him after last night's "bad sex". We all have that night and we all have to get it out, but in the end, it helps us get better.

If the Sharks win the cup this season, I'm blaming the Kings for not defending their title. But I could care less now that their names are permanently engraved on the cup. My hats off to the Kings (and an exceptional list of fans who are a dime a dozen). And if the Sharks really win it, then California won more cups in 6 years than all of Canada. Not to make Canada sound like shit, but seriously, they had their chances and didn't rise to the occasion.

I don't know what else to say about today because I've been up for almost 24 hours. I can't wait to see what goes on in a couple of weeks.

Lemme just say that all three California teams are, for the most part, built around Canadians ;)

Nope.

Jeffersonhowell (paid)

- Boston

- Phoenix

- San Jose

- Ottawa

- Montreal

6heart6breaker6 (paid)

- Los Angeles out 1/19

- Philadelphia out 1/20

- Minnesota

- Winnipeg out 1/19

- Edmonton out 1/22

Pickrunner18 (paid)

- New York Rangers out 1/20

- Detroit out 1/19

- Washington out 1/19

- Dallas

- Florida out 1/21

Littlebistro (paid)

- Pittsburgh out 1/23

- New Jersey

- Tampa Bay

- Colorado out 1/26

- Toronto out 1/24

Ianrees (paid)

- St. Louis

- Chicago

- Carolina out 1/19

- Anaheim out 1/25

- New York Islanders

Mike T. (paid)

- Vancouver out 1/19

- Nashville out 1/24

- Buffalo out 1/24

- Calgary out 1/20

- Columbus out 1/23

A player can only go as far as his team and goalie will take him. Thorton has fucking killed it in the playoffs in recent years. Its not his fault his team falls short. Its kinda hard when you had a choke artist like Nabokov who would let up softies in clutch moments. And with Niemi, I dont know what is up with that kid. 

___

I'm not a Niemi guy at all. Some might say I'm "Anti" Niemi