NHL Discussion

Something needs to happen. Vancouver sucks so hard right now. If it wasn't for Lack that game would have been a bloodbath. 

I absolutely agree.  We have assets on defence that could fetch a decent return (Hamhuis, Edler).  I'd start the rebuild with Tanev and Corrado as our young D.  Upfront, get a solid return for Kesler, but beyond that we don't have much.  No one is going to take the Twins' massive contracts, Burrows hasn't scored this year, Booth is a buyout in the summer, Hansen might fetch a middle round pick, Kassian is a wild card, and that's about it.

Ill give you guys Ryan Callahan for Kesler. 

That wouldn't make any sense for Vancouver.  If we trade Kesler, it's going to be for a very high pick(s) or a grade A prospect.  On a team like Pittsburgh, Chicago, or even St.Louis, I bet his numbers would be top 20 or higher.

That wouldn't make any sense for Vancouver.  If we trade Kesler, it's going to be for a very high pick(s) or a grade A prospect.  On a team like Pittsburgh, Chicago, or even St.Louis, I bet his numbers would be top 20 or higher.

Henrik is the better of two, and has proven he can play without Daniel.  He played on his own for 15 games the year he won the Hart.

Yeah but Torts has a huge boner for Cally. So if he tells you GM you need him (Torts doesnt always make sense. See his constant benchings and send downs of Kreider) then youll trade for him. This is also just me speaking hypothetically. Henrik would cost a shit ton though and idk if we would be able to trade for him. Maybe this years 1st rounder (we cant draft 1st rd talent so fuck it) a mid round pick, and Callahan. That of course wont happen but Im sure NHL 14 would accept that trade if Vancouver was in the position they are in right now. Haha

I just want to know where Cally is going to go. Theres no doubt in my mind he wont be a Ranger come the Olympics or next season because he's being so unrealistic. 

Yeah but Torts has a huge boner for Cally. So if he tells you GM you need him (Torts doesnt always make sense. See his constant benchings and send downs of Kreider) then youll trade for him. This is also just me speaking hypothetically. Henrik would cost a shit ton though and idk if we would be able to trade for him. Maybe this years 1st rounder (we cant draft 1st rd talent so fuck it) a mid round pick, and Callahan. That of course wont happen but Im sure NHL 14 would accept that trade if Vancouver was in the position they are in right now. Haha

I just want to know where Cally is going to go. Theres no doubt in my mind he wont be a Ranger come the Olympics or next season because he's being so unrealistic. 

LeBrun was on the Team 1040 today saying Callahan won't be coming to Vancouver because the relationship between him and Torts ended poorly last season.

Of those 3 Moulson is most likely, kings don't need another RW (also why I don't believe the Gagne rumors) and Vanek will be too rich for our blood, we are Also up against the cap this season and can't take on too much salary without giving up too much and they don't want to subtract from the line up

Vanek is probably coming to Minnesota. Played for the Gophers, is best buds with Pominville, and we'll have the cap room after Heatley's deal is done this year. I really wish the Wild would be more consistent. We have all the talent to win, aside from our goaltending. Backstrom looks like he's finished, Harding has been fantastic this year, but probably won't play the rest of the year. I will say though that Kuemper has looked pretty good as of late. Plus we got guys like Parise, Pominville, Suter, Koivu, etc. Not to mention young guys like Niederreiter, Brodin, Spurgeon, Coyle, Zucker, Granlund, etc.

I hope they rent again, don't win a cup, watch all those guys walk again and lose all their picks

You dont even know how much I loved seeing that last year and hope they repeat this same tactic. 

As for Vanek, he's definitely going to the Wild next season whether its a trade of free agency. There is no doubt he'll be in red and green at the start of next season. Butch Goring even said today that he believes thats what is going to happen. But if someone is going to rent him, who will do it?

You dont even know how much I loved seeing that last year and hope they repeat this same tactic. 

As for Vanek, he's definitely going to the Wild next season whether its a trade of free agency. There is no doubt he'll be in red and green at the start of next season. Butch Goring even said today that he believes thats what is going to happen. But if someone is going to rent him, who will do it?

well they dont need much, they just need a top winger.  the rest of the team is pretty aight.  

im really surprised with the canucks tank this year, its not like you guys are talent-barren or anything.  

It's ridiculously bizarre, but it's all mentality.  The twins are only 34, which isn't old at all.  Kesler was once a 40 goal scorer, Burrows hit 35, Booth hit 30 once, Kassian has talent, our defence is supposed to be fairly offensive (Garrison once had 16 goals, mind you on Florida).  I know you can't look too much at the past, but like you said, there's no reason this should be happening, except for mentality.  We need a vocal captain that can step up in the room.  I love the twins, but they're leaders by example, and they can't do that right now.

We've had TONS of injuries, but all that's doing is showing how lacking we are in depth.

It's ridiculously bizarre, but it's all mentality.  The twins are only 34, which isn't old at all.  Kesler was once a 40 goal scorer, Burrows hit 35, Booth hit 30 once, Kassian has talent, our defence is supposed to be fairly offensive (Garrison once had 16 goals, mind you on Florida).  I know you can't look too much at the past, but like you said, there's no reason this should be happening, except for mentality.  We need a vocal captain that can step up in the room.  I love the twins, but they're leaders by example, and they can't do that right now.

We've had TONS of injuries, but all that's doing is showing how lacking we are in depth.

its all Torts fault.