NHL Discussion

34 is definitely old for an nhl player, and production almost always drops off severely once players hit 32~.  the sedins will never be what they were 5 years ago.  also, looking at a bunch of players career years means nothing.  and, kassian doesn't have talent.  he also doesn't have a brain.

vancouver's window has closed, and they're prospect pool isn't deep.  it's absolutely hilarious listening to canucks fans deny this.  

also stop calling a 4 game losing streak a tank.  this minute they're in a playoff spot.

34 is definitely old for an nhl player, and production almost always drops off severely once players hit 32~.  the sedins will never be what they were 5 years ago.  also, looking at a bunch of players career years means nothing.  and, kassian doesn't have talent.  he also doesn't have a brain.

vancouver's window has closed, and they're prospect pool isn't deep.  it's absolutely hilarious listening to canucks fans deny this.  

also stop calling a 4 game losing streak a tank.  this minute they're in a playoff spot.

Never denied anything, I've been one to say their window has closed for a couple years now.  They are absolutely tanking.  They've lost 15 of their last 18 I believe, with many of them regulation.  They've won 2 of their last 10 road games, scoring 13 goals in those and beating only Calgary and Edmonton.

34 is "old", but not to the point where the twins should be goaless in their last 17 games.  Kassian has talent, but you're absolutely right, he has no brain to apply the talent.  His career will go nowhere because of it.

Never denied anything, I've been one to say their window has closed for a couple years now. They are absolutely tanking. They've lost 15 of their last 18 I believe, with many of them regulation. They've won 2 of their last 10 road games, scoring 13 goals in those and beating only Calgary and Edmonton.

34 is "old", but not to the point where the twins should be goaless in their last 17 games. Kassian has talent, but you're absolutely right, he has no brain to apply the talent. His career will go nowhere because of it.

Lol yeah, I wasn't implying that you said their window hasn't closed, just fans I see on twitter. And I didn't realize they had lost 15 of their last 18...jesus.

Just checked, they've lost 14/18. Holy shit.

Lol yeah, I wasn't implying that you said their window hasn't closed, just fans I see on twitter. And I didn't realize they had lost 15 of their last 18...jesus.

If it wasn't for our great December, we wouldn't even be fighting for a playoff spot.  I wanted the rebuild this summer, starting with dealing Lu and Edler for a couple of good picks or something.  Instead we trade our goalie of the future (I like Lack a lot, though), and Edler went to July 1, where his NTC kicked in.  After that, I thought it was time to trade the twins since they were supposed to be UFAs and we could have gotten a great return for them.  Instead, they got matching 7.5 x 4 year contracts and have been terrible since (by their standards).  Gillis has made fantastic small moves (Tanev, Higgins, Stanton, Richardson, Santorelli), but his franchise moves have been horrid.  If/when we rebuild, I really hope he's not leading it.

If it wasn't for our great December, we wouldn't even be fighting for a playoff spot. I wanted the rebuild this summer, starting with dealing Lu and Edler for a couple of good picks or something. Instead we trade our goalie of the future (I like Lack a lot, though), and Edler went to July 1, where his NTC kicked in. After that, I thought it was time to trade the twins since they were supposed to be UFAs and we could have gotten a great return for them. Instead, they got matching 7.5 x 4 year contracts and have been terrible since (by their standards). Gillis has made fantastic small moves (Tanev, Higgins, Stanton, Richardson, Santorelli), but his franchise moves have been horrid. If/when we rebuild, I really hope he's not leading it.

That Diaz trade was solid too.

I love the Rangers right now. I dont want Cally gone, especially when he plays like he did tonight (way to increase your trade value bud). But he just wants way too much money and Glen has to stand his ground. I dont think this was his last game as a Ranger, but I wouldnt be surprised if it was. It sucks that I am preparing myself for losing my favorite Ranger since Brian Leetch. When he actually does get traded (if he doesnt resign) my heart might actually break.

But he just wants way too much money and Glen has to stand his ground.

this is the part i always find absolutely disgusting in pro sports, and makes me lose all respect for the players involved.  

"we'll give you 5 million a year to live your dream"

"fuck you i'm worth 7 million, i refuse!"

i just don't see how they can't look at themselves in the mirror and be okay with that, without getting into the whole billions of people are starving argument.  all these kids completely forget where they came from and the real reason they're doing this.

this is the part i always find absolutely disgusting in pro sports, and makes me lose all respect for the players involved.  

"we'll give you 5 million a year to live your dream"

"fuck you i'm worth 7 million, i refuse!"

i just don't see how they can't look at themselves in the mirror and be okay with that, without getting into the whole billions of people are starving argument.  all these kids completely forget where they came from and the real reason they're doing this.

The agent is part of the problem too. Because they get a chunk of the contract. 

Also I see everyone shitting on Vancouver and how bad they are, but they are still in the playoffs as of now.

The agent is part of the problem too. Because they get a chunk of the contract. 

Also I see everyone shitting on Vancouver and how bad they are, but they are still in the playoffs as of now.

I still think it's disgusting.

And in reference to Vancouver, I know.  I mentioned that up there when the word "tank" kept getting thrown around.  It's like these guys know what its like to cheer for the Oilers.

And in reference to Vancouver, I know.  I mentioned that up there when the word "tank" kept getting thrown around.  It's like these guys know what its like to cheer for the Oilers.

Tank is accurate.  Like I said, 15 losses in 18 games is tanking, without question.  The powerplay (29th) and goals for (24th or something like that) is what's concerning.  Edmonton's last five years are so much worse than tanking.  My boss is a diehard fan, but he never wants to talk hockey after the first ten games of every season because he gets so depressed about it.  I really really really hope they do well next year, if not for that reason alone.

Tank is accurate.  Like I said, 15 losses in 18 games is tanking, without question.  The powerplay (29th) and goals for (24th or something like that) is what's concerning.  Edmonton's last five years are so much worse than tanking.  My boss is a diehard fan, but he never wants to talk hockey after the first ten games of every season because he gets so depressed about it.  I really really really hope they do well next year, if not for that reason alone.

Well getting down to semantics, tanking is losing on purpose, so if thats the case Edmonton isn't tanking.  We just suck.  And 14 losses in 18 games.  Also, they can easily turn the season around still.  They have the ability to win games, they just need the Sedins playing average, Burrows to score once a week, and Lou to play decent.  

I agree with ya. Disgusting nonetheless. Shit pisses me off. I understand being mad at the Rangers throwing the coin at free agents and not as much on their own players, but thats because the free agents they sign all score 40 goals and deserve the money. Ryan Callahan has never even scored 30. And the last 2 guys they spent that much money on was Gaborik and Richards. Who have earned their money most of the time they were here. The old days of the Rangers buying every free agent are over and the agents/players need to realize that.

I know someone here is a huge Canucks fan so i can only imagine how much abuse the Sedin twins are getting right now. Neither one of them has scored in the past 17 games.

Yeah, but it's not like they've played well either. Henrik is obviously seriously hurt but wants to play in the Olympics, and Daniel has zero confidence.