NHL Discussion

Should an NBA game be decided by a dunk contest? Should an NFL game be decided by a field goal contest? It's just silly to have played 60 minutes of hockey, plus a 5 minute 4 on 4 overtime and then have it decided by something that does not resemble a real in game scenario. Sure, it ends the game, keeping players fresh, but it's asinine.

Gotcha! Great analogy. I like it because it's exciting but I never thought about it that way

I also dislike the shootout. AHL this year is doing 3 on 3 overtime, after 4 on 4 I think? And then a shootout after 3 on 3. But so far out of like...6 or 8 games? Can't remember what I read. None of them have gone to a shootout. I think 3 on 3 would be just as entertaining if not more, end almost as quick, and feel...right. Like it actually decided who was the better team that day.

I also dislike the shootout. AHL this year is doing 3 on 3 overtime, after 4 on 4 I think? And then a shootout after 3 on 3. But so far out of like...6 or 8 games? Can't remember what I read. None of them have gone to a shootout. I think 3 on 3 would be just as entertaining if not more, end almost as quick, and feel...right. Like it actually decided who was the better team that day.

Absolutely.  I'm all for keeping people fresh throughout the season so I get the whole no sudden death thing.  I wouldn't be opposed to ties over shootout wins/losses.  Dammit Bettman. 

in one of my leagues I want to pick up kuemper while he is still available..... I have to drop a center, and I have spezza and eric staal, ( and thornton and brock nelson, both of who i want to keep)..  who should I drop?

i want 3 goalies - but I do have fleury and halak....., so maybe i shouldnt??

i dont know!!!!

kinda wanna drop spezza

On topic of shootouts, I agree with most, to all, of what is said above.  Some 3 on 3 would be highly entertaining at the NHL level.  Other than that, I'll take a shootout over a tie, any day.  Sorry, but when I go to a game and spend minimally $50, which would be on the cheap side after tickets, nachos, parking, the worst idea to me is to leave with nothing resolved.  A tie...  I would much rather lose, than tie.

On topic of shootouts, I agree with most, to all, of what is said above.  Some 3 on 3 would be highly entertaining at the NHL level.  Other than that, I'll take a shootout over a tie, any day.  Sorry, but when I go to a game and spend minimally $50, which would be on the cheap side after tickets, nachos, parking, the worst idea to me is to leave with nothing resolved.  A tie...  I would much rather lose, than tie.

Being a caps fan, and having lost 2 of our three games in shootouts this year. I agree, I'd much rather have a shootout than a tie.