NHL Discussion

Man, how bummed is the rest of the league gonna be when the Kings win the lottery.

Not gonna lie, if the Sabres don't win the lottery, I hope a team lower than the hurricanes win it.

Reasoning:

Arizona needs to be punished for making me watch more Coyotes games than I ever would wish against my enemy.

Edmonton had their chance(s).

The Leafs are the Leafs.

And I'm still mad at Carolina for 2006.

League needs to find a way to increase scoring, because overall this was a pretty boring season and I wasn't inclined to follow any teams. This was the least amount of hockey I've watched since before the lockout.

Fun facts from Friday, the day the Sabres "clinched" last:

Eichel won Hobey Baker

McDavid scored 5 goals, in a PLAYOFF game.

Boone Jenner scores empty net goal with 9.7 (McDavid wears 97) seconds left in the game.

Yeah. They are. I am a die-hard fan, but I have no words of defence. They really are and have been terrible for so long. And it's sad. My dad has for the last 20 years had 1/6th of a set of season tickets (up in the nosebleeds), and so goes to about 6 or 7 games per year, and usually takes me to one. About halfway through this season, he couldn't even beg me to take them - even when he offered to babysit my kid, and pay for the dinner in advance (we obviously relented but got to the game late and left early). My wife, who doesn't know much about hockey, watched the game with me (I think against the Blues) and she said something like "I know you told me they suck, but even I know that they're playing poorly..."

What a shitshow if they get McDavid. They won't, but it would but insane if they did. They'd still find remarkable ways to lose....

Right there with you. I've had Center Ice package for 18 years now, and this season I really have had it. Been rooting for them since the Sittler/Tiger/Palmateer years, and it just isn't enjoyable any more. I can deal with a lack of talent, but not a lack of effort, and much of this team quit halfway through the year. I hope it's a bloodbath with the housecleaning they do. Very few players should be safe. 

This is my sad space in my old house, now it's in my basement so I haven't been down there much. I just hope they contend for a Cup before I die - no joke. 

2.JPG

Robyn Regher hanging them up. Kings fans liked to shit on him but I loved him. Sure he lost a step but he could still be physical down low and he was great for our young defencemen even Doughty. He was also known for being amazing with fans and anyone who was lucky to met him can attest to that. Glad he got his name on the cup. Sure Hemsky is happy.

Right there with you. I've had Center Ice package for 18 years now, and this season I really have had it. Been rooting for them since the Sittler/Tiger/Palmateer years, and it just isn't enjoyable any more. I can deal with a lack of talent, but not a lack of effort, and much of this team quit halfway through the year. I hope it's a bloodbath with the housecleaning they do. Very few players should be safe. 

This is my sad space in my old house, now it's in my basement so I haven't been down there much. I just hope they contend for a Cup before I die - no joke. 

2.JPG

Dude, that's the fucking saddest thing i've ever heard/seen. Give up on them man, they're not fucking worth it.