NHL Discussion

Lou is the new Leafs GM.

I am just going to throw my two cents in here as a life long Devils fan. I am forever grateful for what Lou did for my beloved franchise but boy has shit been messy for the better part of since oh I don't know 2007? Scott Nediermyer, Paul Martin, Scott Gomes, John Madden, Zach Parise (ouch that one still hurts) all walk as UFAs for nothing... Over priced aging free agents and out dated negotiation tactics along with horrible drafting (seriously have you seen our first round draft history since 2005?).  Lou's a great hockey mind but I am glad my organization is getting a fresh start..

With that said the work he did to get Cory and get him signed long term were amazing. But yeah this is some weird stuff guys.

Kane involved in a rape accusation or something. No charges or facts yet. I can't see him doing this. He's got a gf and $84 million reasons not to. Seems out of character for him at this point. 6-8 years ago... I'd be worried.

Rich people with girlfriends are still capable of horrible things.

Kane involved in a rape accusation or something. No charges or facts yet. I can't see him doing this. He's got a gf and $84 million reasons not to. Seems out of character for him at this point. 6-8 years ago... I'd be worried.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a similar situation Drew went through a few years back.

Guy beat up a cab driver over what? 10 cents? 

I know we all love hockey, living in Southern Ontario made me never forget serious players on a track for the NHL are almost always some of the shittiest people you'll ever meet. 

I'll wait to see the facts but I wouldn't discount it yet. 

I know we all love hockey, living in Southern Ontario made me never forget serious players on a track for the NHL are almost always some of the shittiest people you'll ever meet.

Yup. Growing up in Edmonton (highest % of NHL players per capita in the world) I've seen the culture that surrounds hockey players. For the most part, it's fucking disgusting. Almost all the hockey kids who I grew up with that got drafted/were successful/weren't even good at hockey treat women like shit. It's a weird complex that they all seem to have. Whether it's how almost all them refer to women as "targets", or how the second a girl sleeps with a teammate they're a "puckslut" or, the *kinder* term, a "puckbunny". I could talk about it for days, but most of them are cocky, disrespectful, misogynistic pieces of shit.

Yup. Growing up in Edmonton (highest % of NHL players per capita in the world) I've seen the culture that surrounds hockey players. For the most part, it's fucking disgusting. Almost all the hockey kids who I grew up with that got drafted/were successful/weren't even good at hockey treat women like shit. It's a weird complex that they all seem to have. Whether it's how almost all them refer to women as "targets", or how the second a girl sleeps with a teammate they're a "puckslut" or, the *kinder* term, a "puckbunny". I could talk about it for days, but most of them are cocky, disrespectful, misogynistic pieces of shit.

Boycott hockey.

Lol. I know this is a joke because of the PNR thread, but it's honestly brutal in Canada, and it's hard to understand the great lengths a lot of hockey kids go to just to be douchebags.

I get it, in the states that's baseball players. Hell I even encountered guys like that in my time playing competitive travel hockey growing up.

Lol. I know this is a joke because of the PNR thread, but it's honestly brutal in Canada, and it's hard to understand the great lengths a lot of hockey kids go to just to be douchebags.

I get it, in the states that's baseball players. Hell I even encountered guys like that in my time playing competitive travel hockey growing up.

It's funny because I was going to respond to this the same way, except with lacrosse players, not baseball haha and they call them lacrostitutes...

I work at Sportchek (the equivalent to Dicks in the states) and we got an email this morning telling us to pull all Kane merchandise from the floor. Including 300 hockey sticks with the Kane/P88 curve.

feel free to send me a few, if you have anything in over 100 flex, thanks.