NHL Discussion

• 1 month later...

I'm excited for the Caps - not a fan by any means, but as a Leafs fan, I know a long-suffering fanbase when I see one. I feel like it's either now or in the next couple years for this Caps team and then they'll need to tear down. I'd love to see what Ovi can do in the finals. but mostly I'm rooting for Winnipeg at this point. With everyone healthy, they have an incredibly deep and talented team. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't confident in my picks this year so I didn't join and put money on it, but I made a bracket. Currently have 204 points and picked the caps to win. Would have won it if caps win it all. But as a lifelong caps fan who's experienced much heartbreak, I'm sure we would have lost it just because I had a chance to win money, adding more salt to the wound haha

5 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Does Tom Wilson play another game this season?  

Apparently, yes: 

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23642052/tom-wilson-washington-capitals-suspended-game-1-hit-jonathan-marchessault

"The Department of Player Safety told ESPN that there were a few factors that kept the Wilson hit from rising to the level of suspension. First, the hit was shoulder to shoulder rather than a hit to the head.

The hit also was within the flow of the game, rather than the kind of retaliatory hits that have warranted suspensions in the past -- such as the four-game ban earned by Bobby Farnham of the Devils for a hit on St. Louis Blues forward Dmitrij Jaskin in January 2016.

The NHL didn't dispute that the hit was late but determined it wasn't as egregiously late as other interference plays that rose to the level of suspension."

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, mesi said:

And another terrible trade by Bergevin. This just doesn’t stop. His next move will probably be trading Pacioretty for a bag of pucks, because who needs goal scorers if you can have character guys, right? Screw him.

Yeah I saw the trade - Galchenyuk is a far superior player, even if he has shortcomings. And now Bergevin will overpay for Domi’s contract. He shouldn’t get more than $10 mil for 3 years but somehow he’ll make $30 for 6. 

Coyotes are gonna be surprisingly good. If Raanta is healthy, they have more than enough talented guys and with OEL signed, I see them making the playoffs. 

7 hours ago, Sidney Crosley said:

Yeah I saw the trade - Galchenyuk is a far superior player, even if he has shortcomings. And now Bergevin will overpay for Domi’s contract. He shouldn’t get more than $10 mil for 3 years but somehow he’ll make $30 for 6. 

Coyotes are gonna be surprisingly good. If Raanta is healthy, they have more than enough talented guys and with OEL signed, I see them making the playoffs. 

Well, the contract is not as bad as I imagined, and he’ll still be an RFA when it ends.

Now just watch Bergevin throw a lot of money at Plekanec to come back as 1C..

Agreed that the Coyotes might be able to ice a pretty good team next year.

Edited by mesi

• 4 weeks later...

Couple things...

1. After the Game 2 win, I was in DC and we got free Dunkin Coffee for our morning walk to some such museum.

2. The Blues have done quite well this off season, the problem is still the same though, the person between the pipes. Allen is still our goalie meaning, January is going to suck.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...