NHL Discussion

Pens training camp tomorrow and Sunday. Free. I'm excited to see Consol Energy Center for the first time! WOO!

Will you be attending the WC?

Along with my season tickets, it was just too much to purchase 2 (me and my Penguins buddy). I'm sure it'll be a blast but I feel no shame enjoying the game in the comforts of my warm home and probably hungover.

"Here we go again. They're trying to kill me before I'm dead. I come to Quebec to spend some time with my family and they say I'm dead. I'm not dead, far (expletive) from it. They've had me dead since June."

Great line from Pat today.

I have to agree with Bob surrounding Pat and the HoF - it was ridiculous to not induct him. He'll eventually make it there but it would have been nice to get him in there while he's still alive.

www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/09/17/nhl_team_names/

Interesting quick read about how all the current teams got their names. Some of the names that got rejected for some teams are terrible.

What do you mean terrible? You don't think people would cheer on the Rubber Puckies??

Pens training camp tomorrow and Sunday. Free. I'm excited to see Consol Energy Center for the first time! WOO!

Along with my season tickets, it was just too much to purchase 2 (me and my Penguins buddy). I'm sure it'll be a blast but I feel no shame enjoying the game in the comforts of my warm home and probably hungover.

not going to waste my time trying to get winter classic tickets... its going to be impossible. unless you're a season ticket holder, the only way to buy tickets at face value is to register at NHL.com winter classic for the random drawing.

why do you have dan briggs in your signature?

not going to waste my time trying to get winter classic tickets... its going to be impossible. unless you're a season ticket holder, the only way to buy tickets at face value is to register at NHL.com winter classic for the random drawing.

Because I like Between the Buried and Me along with Dan Briggs?

sorry, it was just weird seeing him pop up on here, i've known him for a very long time, just caught me off guard.

sorry, it was just weird seeing him pop up on here, i've known him for a very long time, just caught me off guard.

Ahhh, no problem, since it's the Internet I can never tell if someone is about to speak unfavorably about them.

That's awesome you know him though. Let him know his "side project" Orbs is amazing!

Ahhh, no problem, since it's the Internet I can never tell if someone is about to speak unfavorably about them.

That's awesome you know him though. Let him know his "side project" Orbs is amazing!

will do! he's done some pretty insane music groups over the years, he had this group back home called Espinaca, it was a jazz/rock band, it was so incredible, especially since they were all 17/18 years old. he's a gifted musician, if I find that EP i'll upload it. one of my favorite people ever.

Leafs looked horrible against Ottawa tonight. I know these are split squad games but Phaneuf and Kaberle were out there together tonight and they didn't look good at all.

We had almost 4 minutes of 5 on 3 and barely got a shot, nevermind a chance. That Finnish goalie looked not too bad though.

Quick hockey question. If you had ryan kessler on your fantasy team would you trade him for tuuka rask?

Personnally, i would keep Kessler.

Depends. If it's a keeper league, I'd trade. Kesler is a great player, but Rask looks like the real deal. If it's not a keeper league, Kesler gets you points plus PIM and will most likely get you more points this year.

Personnally, i would keep Kessler.

Depends. If it's a keeper league, I'd trade. Kesler is a great player, but Rask looks like the real deal. If it's not a keeper league, Kesler gets you points plus PIM and will most likely get you more points this year.

all depends what your goalie situation is. if you have good/decent goalies then no reason to trade for Rask.

hockey starts tonight in pittsburgh, cant wait to watch pens/wings in the new arena!! so exciting!