NHL Discussion

oh, youre both from Montreal....next you're gonna compare this the Bertuzzi incident.

Chara did not do that on purpose, he just finished his check in the wrong spot of the rink. He should have gotten a couple games suspension for being reckless/negligent.

NHL needs to go way the route of International/Olympic hockey and just out right ban head shots.

oh, youre both from Montreal....next you're gonna compare this the Bertuzzi incident.

Chara did not do that on purpose, he just finished his check in the wrong spot of the rink. He should have gotten a couple games suspension for being reckless/negligent.

NHL needs to go way the route of International/Olympic hockey and just out right ban head shots.

I'm not going to compare this to the Bertuzzi incident for sure, but all i'm saying is that hit clearly deserves a suspension. The Nhl is missing the boat with the suspension since a long time and i'm sad that they are acting that way. They need to do something with the head shots and the only they di is giving 1 or games suspension. What the hell are they waiting for? A dead guy on the ice?

And by the way, it's not because it's a Habs player. I'm pissed against the NHL on this subject since a long time now...

Rick Martin of Sabres' French Connection fame died yesterday... 59 years old, they believe he had a heart attack while driving and crashed his car. Sabres had a bit of a tribute for him with stickers on helmets, pins for the coaches and broadcasters, and a nice salute at the end of the game to his number in the rafters. Loss of a great player and person.

I'll give him that a few of his incidents are him being a good gritty player and going overboard. It happens in that style of play - see Kaleta. But Cooke has multiple straight-up cheap shots where he is intentionally injuring people. Zach Kassian, a prospect that the Sabres have a lot of high hopes for, has some stupid incidents in his past that have a lot of Buffalo area people worried. We all want to see hard hockey, and most of us will accept that there are inherent risks in this. That said, there's simply no place for being a scumbag.

• 2 weeks later...