NHL Discussion

PROMOTE PESONEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 points in 4 games! the dude gets it, get him out of the AHL!

Did you see that hit Dupois put on that dude the other night behind the net in the 3rd? holy fuck was that epic.

Also, holy fuck is Goligoski awesome. I cannot wait for Gonchar to come back though, thats for sure.

Hal Gill is out against the Canes w/ an injury.

Man, the Pens need some help on the backline and a forward to skate with Sid.

..malkin? nevermind i thought he was a forward for a second,but hes a center too.

i actually jsut bought a hal gill t shirt hahaha, because my last name is gill. ha its gonna be sick. too bad i couldnt find any bruins shirts with his name, that would've been sick...but they probably never made any for that guy ha

PROMOTE PESONEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 points in 4 games! the dude gets it, get him out of the AHL!

Did you see that hit Dupois put on that dude the other night behind the net in the 3rd? holy fuck was that epic.

Also, holy fuck is Goligoski awesome. I cannot wait for Gonchar to come back though, thats for sure.

Speaking from the experience I've seen with the Kings and their young prospects, its not about scoring. You have to win battles, be willing to get your nose dirty, be strong with the puck. All those things you have to learn before you can be a success at the NHL level. That might be the issue with this guy Pesonen.

Here's a neat little article involving Slap Shot and Paul Newman. I work w/ John Gofton's daughter.

Gofton reminisces about Newman, Slap Shot movie

Posted 5 days ago

By Jason Rip

What is the Tillsonburg connection to the movie Slap Shot, often considered to be the best sports comedy of all time?

John Gofton, a former professional hockey player and current owner of Tillsonburg Rent-Alls, not only appeared in the movie, but was the star of a very memorable scene which involved, shall we say, pants-wetting. With the recent death of the movie’s leading actor Paul Newman, Gofton reminisced about his 12 days on the set.

For those who haven’t seen the film, Slap Shot is a 1977 film about the Charlestown Chiefs, a ragtag hockey team that revitalizes itself by practicing a violent, tough-as-nails style of hockey.

It was partially filmed in Johnston, Pennsylvania where Gofton was playing hockey with the Eastern Hockey League team Johnstown Jets. Most of his teamates were recruited for the shoot, but Gofton was one of the few to get a speaking part – and what a speaking part: “Anybody slams me into the boards tonight I’m going to piss all over myself.” Of course, his character, Nick Brophy, goes on to do just that.

Gofton actually played on the same team as the movie’s infamous Hanson Brothers – in real life, the Carlson brothers – and was able to reconnect with them when they visited the area for an appearance a few years ago. “They fought all the time, wore glasses on the ice, and definitely had each other’s back,” Gofton said.

According to Gofton, Newman was a gracious presence on the set and often went drinking with the single guys.

“We were in awe of the movie guys and the movie guys were in awe of us,” said Gofton. “They would ask us how we could skate backwards like that.”

The Jets were actually in the league playoffs during the movie’s spring filming. When they weren’t facing off against Newman and company, they were engaged in real-life on-the-ice competition. Gofton spent 15 years playing professional hockey. He wasn’t one of Newman’s beer-drinking buddies, however. After the shoot, he would head home to his family. Still, his memories of Paul Newman are good ones: “He was very approachable and was an all-around good guy. He did wonderful things and raised millions and millions for charity.”

Speaking from the experience I've seen with the Kings and their young prospects, its not about scoring. You have to win battles, be willing to get your nose dirty, be strong with the puck. All those things you have to learn before you can be a success at the NHL level. That might be the issue with this guy Pesonen.

The Baby Pen's coach said Pes needs to work on his east to west coast game.

Wow my team sucks so far this year. Who gives up 5 goals to the devils? they can barely score one a game, much less 5

Stars d has abandoned them completely so far.

I know man, D lets the fowards skate in untouched, Turco has been less than stellar. Fowards dont back check, they just chill at the blue line and wait for the d to chip it out. ridiculous. I think Tippets days might be numbered

I know no one gives a shit about the Blues, but Tkachuk just leveled Johan Franzen...

nice, I haven't seen any other blues games this year besides the one where they made the stars grab their ankles. Tkachuk's on fire though, 7 goals already. Is he playing like he's in his 20's again or what?

I know no one gives a shit about the Blues, but Tkachuk just leveled Johan Franzen...

nice, I haven't seen any other blues games this year besides the one where they made the stars grab their ankles. Tkachuk's on fire though, 7 goals already. Is he playing like he's in his 20's again or what?

I still think they are somewhat overachieving so far, but right now they are pretty exciting to watch. We'll see what they are doing in November. If they can keep the power play going, they should fair better than last year.

Yeah, Walt is playing like a man possessed right now. This is hands down the best I have ever seen him play. I honestly don't think he was this exciting to watch when we got him 5 years ago.

Guest kylewilliam
Wow my team sucks so far this year. Who gives up 5 goals to the devils? they can barely score one a game, much less 5

could be worse, try being a Flyers fan.

0-3-3

fuck.

dude, i have you beat. i am a maple leafs and panthers die hard....

fuck my life

He added a goal and an assist last night.

The goalie last night for WB/S though stopped 46 shots in a shutout!

Pesonen is going to be insane. he'll end the season on 1st or 2nd line for sure.

Check this story out http://www.thelocal.se/15138.html

Swedish hockey fans delay game with dildo downpour haha.

I like how the guy said "People barely noticed" How do you not notice the giant inflatable penis?

That's amazing.

Side note: NHL Center Ice fucking rules. I come home around 5 and watch hockey for three hours. And that's if the Kings aren't playing.

Check this story out http://www.thelocal.se/15138.html

Swedish hockey fans delay game with dildo downpour haha.

I like how the guy said "People barely noticed" How do you not notice the giant inflatable penis?

That's amazing.

Side note: NHL Center Ice fucking rules. I come home around 5 and watch hockey for three hours. And that's if the Kings aren't playing.

I wish I could afford that.