NHL Discussion

Unreal. And lol at the Philly fans who wouldn't trade for price.

You guys want another bandaid? You hoping for Turco? I mean who is out there. I would have loved price or halak.

I'm shocked about the trade. My guess is that Montreal didn't want to pay him and didn't want to take ANY salary back.

I dunno

And didn't want to trade him East. Because if they did, and Carter was on the market they would have taken Carter in a heart beat. Carter is 100% better than what they got.

Montreal did not want to trade Halak to an East team and took the best deal they could get for him with that constraint. That's my guess.

No not for giroux, for Carter hell yes.

Sammy - maybe but if so there were rumors at the trade deadline and there were rumors Montreal wanted giroux. I think they wanted a small contract

So maybe it was all about the money. Both Halak and Price were RFAs this year. Obviously Halak is due much more money than Price given the playoffs.

Yeah, insane trade. I can't believe that's all they got for Halak and that they committed to Price after basically telling him to F off this year. Halak is an RFA, not arb-eligible....STL is going to get him at a nice cheap rate for a few years. So, say, $3MM per year - if somebody signs him to an offer sheet, they get a first and a third pick if they don't match (assuming it's in the $3.1-4MM range). Not sure if those two guys are more valuable to them than that, but I am sure they plan to sign Halak anyway.

The comment about Montreal goalies isn't exactly correct. When they traded Huet to the Capitals mid-season, he went 11-2 with a .936 SV% and 1.63 GAA down the stretch with 2 shutouts. I guess technically he's a product of the Kings though...

It's not as simple as picking one player you'd rather have.

As said above Carter can net you a very big return. Also, you have to look at salary (hartnell is cheaper)

you also need to realize hartnell has a no trade clause - Carter does not.

Finally - flyers have a logjam at center (Richards briere Carter giroux) all of those four should arguably get top 6 mins

And flyers don't have good depth at wing. Leino playing like he did was a miracle and a huge help.

Right now the best wingers are gagne, leino, hartnell, jvr

gagne is falling, jvr isn't ready for top 6 mins for a few years.

So taking all things into consideration it would be easier and better to trade Carter than hartnell

Why on earth would toronto want Campbell? The Leafs are already stacked for defensive talent, Kaberle is going to be shipped for some offense or a pick/prospect package type deal.

I feel bad for the Hawks Fan who thinks everything is HunkyDoory in Chicago, the team is such bad shape cap wise you will see Stanley cup rings in a display case on an episode of pawn stars just because they needed to free up as much cash as possible. Drafting high for like 5 straight years then signing good players to ridiculous contracts is a solid way to winning a cup but not building a dynasty, Have fun with Hossa when he is 40 and useless.

Holy shit fuck love the trade. I like hamuis a lot. I guess coburn is gone or maybe carle is is part of a blockbuster but a top 4 of

Pronger carle

hamuis kimo

is sick. Best or 2nd best top 4

I bet Coburn is re-signed and we let Carter go for a high draft pick just to free up cap space.

Pronger - Carle

Timmonen -Hamhuis

Coburn - Bartullis

We could have the best defense in the eastern conference if that works out.