NHL Discussion

Zajac resigned with devils, 8 years, $48 mil.  thats a pretty damn good deal, I think

I've been arguing with a few ranger fan friends about this already. 

Sure its a lot of money, but the fact remains that this guy would get more elsewhere from a desperate team. His prior stats haven't justified the money by the the old standard of salary, but as far as the cap hit goes I think its a good deal too. It's obvious they are expecting him to produce bigger numbers though. However its worth noting he hasn't had a full season under deboer, but also hasn't performed without Parise on his wing, ever. 

Yeah, I'll probably end up buying a jersey this weekend. Gotta replace my slug jerseys. They keeping everything stocked well?

They were out of a few, but I know they didn't put them all out because they have a room full of jerseys. Also, if they don't have who you want they let you order the one you want for the same price.

damn, I have to make it out to that sale and maybe get another jersey.  was thinking Foligno too, but idk.  gotta find someone good to compliment my Myers home jersey and Ennis 40th anniversary jersey.

You could get Grigorenko.. I wanted to, but I'm a big Foligno supporter. Another thing I love is that the sabres store will reletter jerseys. So if in 6 years Foligno isn't on the team I could have them put another name and number on my jersey for like $20.

I'm gonna post what I think the playoff picture will look like.. Feel free to do the same.

East

1. Boston

2. Philadelphia

3. Washington

4. New York Rangers

5. Pittsburgh Penguins

6. New Jersey Devils

7. Buffalo Sabres

8. Tampa Bay Lightning

West

1. Los Angeles Kings

2. Vancouver Canucks

3. Detroit Red Wings

4. Chicago Blackhawks

5. Nashville Predators

6. San Jose Sharks

7. Phoenix Coyotes

8. St. Louis Blues

I'm gonna post what I think the playoff picture will look like.. Feel free to do the same.

East

1. Boston

2. Philadelphia

3. Washington

4. New York Rangers

5. Pittsburgh Penguins

6. New Jersey Devils

7. Buffalo Sabres

8. Tampa Bay Lightning

I think you have to figure Carolina gets in. 

I don't see Pitt behind both NYR and Philly either. 

Thanks for the boost of devils confidence though. 

Keep in mind I'm totally biased, haha. I dont like Carolina or Pittsburgh, and the west is hard for me because I don't pay enough attention to the west. I don't like Hitchcock though, and I think that last year was kind of a fluke for that team.. We'll see what happens though, just kind of a guess.

Even the experts can't get this stuff right, they just have more professional reasonings.