NHL Discussion

I don't understand why the NHL has such a problem with implementing this. There have been too many blown calls this season alone wither its that Duchene goal or Backes getting the boot for a phantom head shot that the Wings in turn score multiple times on the PP to win the game.

I hate the argument that it will slow the game down, get the damn call right instead. 1 challenge a game, if your wrong you get your time out taken away.

I don't understand why the NHL has such a problem with implementing this. There have been too many blown calls this season alone wither its that Duchene goal or Backes getting the boot for a phantom head shot that the Wings in turn score multiple times on the PP to win the game.

I hate the argument that it will slow the game down, get the damn call right instead. 1 challenge a game, if your wrong you get your time out taken away.

Wouldn't want to make that "War Room" in Toronto busy... =]

I think it should be implemented as well. Advertising would love it as well as they could go to commercial break! Everyone loves more money!

Hard to implement on not-blown offsides calls but for Goals and penalties it would work wonderfully. Although, in Duchene's case, would the review of the Goal be allowed to be reversed due to Offsides? Could it go that far back?

Wouldn't want to make that "War Room" in Toronto busy... =]

I think it should be implemented as well. Advertising would love it as well as they could go to commercial break! Everyone loves more money!

Hard to implement on not-blown offsides calls but for Goals and penalties it would work wonderfully. Although, in Duchene's case, would the review of the Goal be allowed to be reversed due to Offsides? Could it go that far back?

Absolutely, the play should have been blown dead. The refs blew it & their reasoning was they they thought Nashville played it backed into their own zone which would have negated the offsides which clearly did not happen, it would take 10 seconds to look at the replay and make the right call.

There should be some sort of off ice official that can overturn a on ice officials ruling on goals & major penalties.  They already go to the war room to see if the puck crossed the line, was kicked in or went in with a high stick. I dont understand why they can't do it for this as well.

Absolutely, the play should have been blown dead. The refs blew it & their reasoning was they they thought Nashville played it backed into their own zone which would have negated the offsides which clearly did not happen, it would take 10 seconds to look at the replay and make the right call.

There should be some sort of off ice official that can overturn a on ice officials ruling on goals & major penalties.  They already go to the war room to see if the puck crossed the line, was kicked in or went in with a high stick. I dont understand why they can't do it for this as well.

Agreed, its no different then when a goal is scored and the light doesnt go off and they keep playing. They always review it and then go back to the time of the goal. 

I get the argument about slowing the game down to a certain extend. I don't care for football for that reason, not challenges per se, just the lack of fluidity to the overall game. But if there is a goal as a result of a blown or missed penalty you have a natural stoppage in play anyway. 

Like you guys said, it wouldn't take much to slightly extend that time and use it for a review, like they already do. Though I'd prefer to see it handled by the officials, the NHL or a third-party in attendance. I'm not in favor of giving the power to the coaches. It is either trigger automatically by a pre-determined set of circumstances, or not at all. At least in my view. 

LOL @ the Canucks. Can't beat the Hawks outright so let's take an elbow to the head of our top forward. Not surprised. Happens every year and how can Canucks fans not know how they will never win a championship soon? Happens every year and we never stoop down to their level and retaliate badly except for the Keith thing which I was totally surprised he did. But the Hawks take more crap then the Nucks, that pisses me off. If Carcillo was in that game heads would roll. Meh, Good luck with that suspension Hansen. Hope we take his legs out next game, we have a couple goons.

LOL @ the Canucks. Can't beat the Hawks outright so let's take an elbow to the head of our top forward. Not surprised. Happens every year and how can Canucks fans not know how they will never win a championship soon? Happens every year and we never stoop down to their level and retaliate badly except for the Keith thing which I was totally surprised he did. But the Hawks take more crap then the Nucks, that pisses me off. If Carcillo was in that game heads would roll. Meh, Good luck with that suspension Hansen. Hope we take his legs out next game, we have a couple goons.

It sure sounds like you're stooping down to their level with all this bad-mouthin'. It was a good game and both teams had cheap shots. Just be happy we won and hope Hossa isn't too banged up.

I meant one of our top forwards but this game yeah, top forward. Yeah the game was fun to watch but I don't see the need for an elbow to the back of the head of a defenseless player. It's an awesome rivalry for sure and I respect it. Again. It's absurd. The record is great but I'm tired of BS hits. Unfortunately I can believe we didn't do anything about it. Bollig is great but if he's gone 10 minutes from a 20 minute period for fighting and instigating what's the point. Want Carcillo back. 

The Rangers really make me want to strangle myself sometimes. Boyle fucking blows. Why is he getting so much ice time?! He does nothing. And Im honestly done with Del Zotto. Ive been giving this dude toooooo many chances. He doesnt score, turns the puck over, and never hits the fucking net. Sell him while you can Glen.