NHL Discussion

This is one of the most poorly handled situations I've ever seen from every camp.

As for hockey, love the 3v3 OT. Remember too we haven't really seen two legit NHL 3v3 squads face-off yet. Once more pros get in there it'll be a little smoother I think. Puck Daddy posted a great article about how the idea of the 3 forward OT is going to kill teams. Forwards just don't have the cap control/backwards skating/focused defensive knowledge that is taken for granted. Used that absolutely atrocious gap control on that Cracknell OT winner the other night as a good example. But yeah, fuck the shootout 

This just got crazier, lawyer for the accuser just dropped her as a client

"I no longer have the confidence in the manner and means in which that bag came to my office." - Thomas J. Eoannou

"I don't know how the bag got on the porch. I don't have confidence in the version that was told to me." - Thomas J. Eoannou

Eoannou said "there may have been some fabrications" concerning bag. Said mother delivered it to him. "I don't know what's true or not true"

Eoannou says bag is "a real evidence bag" from case. "I received storyline from mother, and I'm not comfortable w/ that version of events."

Eoannou: "It's possible that the version of the events I received was inaccurate." Says nothing criminal has been done.

Eoannou on whether mother was trying to manipulate this case: "I don't know what anyone was trying to do."

Eoannou: "I don't have confidence in the way I was told the bag was found."

Eoannou on if evidence bag mess calls accuser into question: "One has nothing to do w/ other." Said accuser not involved in bag situation.

I dont really think its fair to burn the accuser if she had nothing to do with it and it was all her mom.

do you really believe she had nothing to do with it though?  i'm not convinced either way and think the DA's statement is a cautious one...  as in they wouldn't say the accuser had anything to do with it if they didn't have the proof to come out and say that.  i think it doesn't look like she had anything to do with her mom's lack of credibility or whatever is going on there, but i also think no one really knows yet.  it doesn't really look that great that she has 2 other peoples' dna on her but not kane's, but who knows...  maybe he used a condom.  i'm not sure on the deetz on her ordeal with him as told in the police report so who knows what they were supposed to find.

are you stoked on hockey being back?  i'm not not stoked, but i feel less excited about the preseason than usual.  i'm not sure if it's just that i have a lot of other life stuff going on right now so i'm distracted or if it's the kings.

do you really believe she had nothing to do with it though?  i'm not convinced either way and think the DA's statement is a cautious one...  as in they wouldn't say the accuser had anything to do with it if they didn't have the proof to come out and say that.  i think it doesn't look like she had anything to do with her mom's lack of credibility or whatever is going on there, but i also think no one really knows yet.  it doesn't really look that great that she has 2 other peoples' dna on her but not kane's, but who knows...  maybe he used a condom.  i'm not sure on the deetz on her ordeal with him as told in the police report so who knows what they were supposed to find.

I don't really know but i'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt for the time being

are you stoked on hockey being back?  i'm not not stoked, but i feel less excited about the preseason than usual.  i'm not sure if it's just that i have a lot of other life stuff going on right now so i'm distracted or if it's the kings.

yeah i'm stoked but i don't care about pre-season, never really have.

I don't really know but i'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt for the time being

yeah i'm stoked but i don't care about pre-season, never really have.

ya, me too, given that kane is a complete douche, but some of the stuff coming out about the case is CRAY CRAY.  we'll see, i guess.

i used to care a little since you get to see prospects and people like budaj trying to get a contract.  plus after not watching hockey since april, i thought i might be a little more into it than i am, but my kid and house are taking up so much of my time and mental occupation.  i'm still sad about williams going to washington though even if it was inevitable.

This is just an ugly intersection where idol worship, misogyny, macho-bullshit culture, and big money collide. It's just solidified in the minds of thousands of idiotic, impressionable man-child sports fans that the world is full of women who cry "rape" and that men are the real victims in the end. As opposed to the 99.99999999% of the time it goes the other way.