NHL Discussion

The Buffalo News @TheBuffaloNews

BREAKING: Patrick Kane will not be prosecuted on rape allegations; DA cites lack of proof

Guh. Not saying he did it or not, but it pains me that such a prominent figure might get away with shit like this. What kind of message does this send to young athletes? 

What's he getting away with? The truth?

Honestly, I have no idea what truth is. If there really wasn't a rape, then I'm glad he's not being prosecuted. If there was, or even some sort of non-consensual conduct, then it's a shame that his status and the utter bungling of the case has made a mockery of the girl's suffering.  But I really think it wouldn't hurt him to do something good as a result of all of this - maybe donate to a women's shelter or talk about consent? 

But I really think it wouldn't hurt him to do something good as a result of all of this - maybe donate to a women's shelter or talk about consent? 

I'm all for that. 

I just think the whole case started off bizarre and got more bizarre. Between the girl's mom planting a hoax to her dad posting crazy images on social media. No lawyer would have taken that case on after all that. Once they said there wasn't any of his DNA below her shoulders, that was kind of it for the case as far as rape. And who knows how she got two other guys' DNA below her waist.

It's really a shame for women who actually are sexually assaulted. There was already a stigma about reporting it and now it could get worse.

With all that said, classic collapse by the Hawks last night.

Usually you're behind a beam or something holding up the roof and you can't see part of the ice. It isn't the end of the world, but it can be annoying depending on the specifics.

I know at Fenway they have TVs on the posts so obstructed views watch the broadcast.

this is what i'm assuming it is. something not too significant. i'd think at a newer arena they wouldn't have beams like they do at fenway, but i could be wrong. i'll probably just go with one of those seats since they're cheapest and i can walk around if i don't like it.

Jonathan Bernier is done. He needs a new start somewhere else. Confidence in Toronto is totally gone. I think if the Leafs give the reins to Reimer he can put together a good season (or a top draft pick). But they need to stop pretending they have to NHL caliber starters.