NHL Discussion

From TSN:

ccording to Rule 40, the NHL has the option to suspend Wideman for a minimum of 10 or 20 games, but not fewer than 10. The difference between the two suspensions is “intent to injure.”

A 20-game ban shall be handed down automatically for a “Category I” violation when “any player who deliberately strikes an official and causes injury or who deliberately applies physical force in any manner against an official with intent to injure,” according to the rulebook.

For the purpose of that rule, “intent to injure” shall mean “any physical force which a player who or should have known could reasonably be expected to cause injury.”

The lesser penalty, a minimum 10-game “Category II” suspension, is for “any player who deliberately applies physical force to an official in any manner (excluding Category I), which physical enforce is applied without intent to injure.”

From TSN:

According to Rule 40, the NHL has the option to suspend Wideman for a minimum of 10 or 20 games, but not fewer than 10. The difference between the two suspensions is “intent to injure.”

A 20-game ban shall be handed down automatically for a “Category I” violation when “any player who deliberately strikes an official and causes injury or who deliberately applies physical force in any manner against an official with intent to injure,” according to the rulebook.

For the purpose of that rule, “intent to injure” shall mean “any physical force which a player who or should have known could reasonably be expected to cause injury.”

The lesser penalty, a minimum 10-game “Category II” suspension, is for “any player who deliberately applies physical force to an official in any manner (excluding Category I), which physical enforce is applied without intent to injure.”

So I've been wanting to get into hockey, because it's the only real sport that actually intrigues me. I don't know how it's played or anything, but all I know is that I should just go with my home team, which is the LA Kings. Not sure if they're good or not, but I don't really understand someone who roots for a team that isn't in from their state.

Or maybe that's just me. I don't know. I'm rooting for my state.

So I've been wanting to get into hockey, because it's the only real sport that actually intrigues me. I don't know how it's played or anything, but all I know is that I should just go with my home team, which is the LA Kings. Not sure if they're good or not, but I don't really understand someone who roots for a team that isn't in from their state.

welcome aboard. The Kings are a very good team but sometimes maddening to be a fan of. That said they have a legit shot at winning their 3rd cup in 5 years.

If you can, go to the Kings v Ducks game this Thursday. If that doesn't get you into the sport, I don't know what will. The Staples Center is one of the most fun places to see a hockey game and that game should not disappoint. Plus then you can choose between two relatively local teams (my money is you'll pick the Kings but one can dream).

not super shocked with the Wideman suspension. Still think it's a tough argument to say he didn't throw a bit of a tantrum and take out that ref like a baby. That team went into the shitter anyways this year (where they belonged really with the puck luck they were riding last year) so not like it's an insane loss. More so interested to see how that team moves forward. To me they should be sellers but they're stuck in that Avalanche limbo where one decent playoff appareance really botched a lot of plans