NHL Discussion

Oh man, watching the Habs right now gets tougher with every loss. Everyone just seems to be completely lost when it comes to figuring out how to get out of this shit, the GM, the coach, and the players.

Some mind-boggling stats: Carbonneau's last 26 games before being fired: 11-14-1

Martin's last 26 games: 12-8-6

Therrien's last 26 games: 5-20-1... I absolutely do not understand how he still is around...

One more: In 24 of the last 29 games, the Habs have scored two goals or fewer. Don't know how you are supposed to win if you score that little...

Oh man, watching the Habs right now gets tougher with every loss. Everyone just seems to be completely lost when it comes to figuring out how to get out of this shit, the GM, the coach, and the players.

Some mind-boggling stats: Carbonneau's last 26 games before being fired: 11-14-1

Martin's last 26 games: 12-8-6

Therrien's last 26 games: 5-20-1... I absolutely do not understand how he still is around...

One more: In 24 of the last 29 games, the Habs have scored two goals or fewer. Don't know how you are supposed to win if you score that little...

And it must be even worse than the Leafs in the last half of last season, since nobody really had high hopes for them. This Habs team is just a mess. Why they wouldn't fire Therrien is beyond me. At least bring Scott up...

Phaneuf takes a lot of hate because it's Toronto. Every mistake is magnified and no one acknowledges he is by far the best defenceman on that team. Reilly is supposed to be better one day but right now he can't do the minutes Dion did. Obviously, Toronto is going to flip at least Michalek because this trade they actually took back 9M in salary so they actually have more money on the books now next season. Dion losing the C and being a second pairing guy will be the best thing to happen to his career. And the reality is Ottawa paid NOTHING to get him. They unloaded an injured forward who can't play top 6, a bust first round pick who can't even hold a 5-6 defensive slot and a nobody who will be on the waiver wire and they KEPT THEIR FIRST ROUND PICK. 

The Leafs have now traded an elite top line winger and a top pairing right handed shot defenceman (literally the hottest commodity on the market) and a 2nd round pick for a first rounder, Kapanen and roster players who they are just waiting for contracts to expire. In a few years people will look back and scratch their heads wondering how it's possible to have gotten such a small return for players of that caliber. People love wearing the Leafs blinders and I understand with the rebuild you had to move those contracts and I agree they had to be traded but you got fucking fleeced. You got nothing. It's a rebuild and you're walking away with one prospect and one good pick. Absolute trash return. 

Now this is all more fuel to the Stamkos rumours. Now he says he wants to win but so did Babcock and if Babcock sold out that fast I have no doubt Stamkos will when he sees that pay cheque. Imagine he doesn't go to Toronto, they are even worse for longer than they would be now. Interested to see where these events go.

as of standings right now, no team besides the Capitals would make the Western Conference playoff spots (but Panthers / Kings would make the wildcard)

I think your math is a bit off there. TB, Detroit, NYI, NJ, Rangers, Panthers and Bruins would all be in second place in the pacific and thus in the playoffs...