NHL Discussion

NO MORE TEAMS! Fuck, just MOVE a team from fucking Arizona or Florida or Georgia to Toronto... there are PLENTLY of teams already!

I would never want my team taken away so I can't push for someone else to get their team taken away. I do think there are too many teams though.

if a team cannot be financially successful (i.e. Nashville Predators) then why should they be allowed to stay around? If the public doesn't care enough to support a team in their town, do you think they would care if the team was gone?

I would never want my team taken away so I can't push for someone else to get their team taken away. I do think there are too many teams though.

if a team cannot be financially successful (i.e. Nashville Predators) then why should they be allowed to stay around? If the public doesn't care enough to support a team in their town, do you think they would care if the team was gone?

Just keep in mind people were saying the exact thing about the Pens.

I know that, but the Pens were pretty terrible when they were having poor attendance. The Predators have been a VERY good hockey team since the lockout and still manage to have one of the lowest attendance average at home in the NHL year after year. They were 32-8 in the 05/06 season and had the 6th lowest home attendance average in the league! Know who was below them? 5 last place teams. They had 10 more home wins than the Pens had all season long, and yet the Penguins had a higher attendance than they did.

I know that, but the Pens were pretty terrible when they were having poor attendance. The Predators have been a VERY good hockey team since the lockout and still manage to have one of the lowest attendance average at home in the NHL year after year. They were 32-8 in the 05/06 season and had the 6th lowest home attendance average in the league! Know who was below them? 5 last place teams. They had 10 more home wins than the Pens had all season long, and yet the Penguins had a higher attendance than they did.

Not sure how the Panthers do either but they seem like they don't do too well. I personally would like to see more talent on each team but the league wants more teams. Not sure if the talent pool is thinner so everyone is even or its thicker so everyone is even.

Florida doesn't do too well attendance wise, but they're also not a great team, so that sort of goes hand in hand. But they do have a higher average attendance than Nashville does, and Nashville is a far better team year after year. Nashville is not a market for an NHL team, maybe an AHL team or some minor league affiliation, but if you're a team that goes year after year into the playoffs and yet still maintain to have one of the lowest home attendance averages... something isnt right.

Florida doesn't do too well attendance wise, but they're also not a great team, so that sort of goes hand in hand. But they do have a higher average attendance than Nashville does, and Nashville is a far better team year after year. Nashville is not a market for an NHL team, maybe an AHL team or some minor league affiliation, but if you're a team that goes year after year into the playoffs and yet still maintain to have one of the lowest home attendance averages... something isnt right.

Even Nashville has extenuating circumstances though. All the talk of moving a team I would support would certainly cause me to take my money elsewhere.

wow, i wasnt aware of that. im totally for moving the predators elsewhere. fuck nashville

bring back the hartford wailers! haha

they should move a team to Seattle so I can go to games again. Too bad there wouldn't be a big draw.

how far is vancouver from seattle?

I think out of any sports franchise, a hockey team would do the best in Seattle. I mean, if the sonics were able to be there for so long, im sure hockey could too! plus, think of how it would just be a jab at the NBA to grant an NHL team a new arena to play in when they wouldnt build one for the sonics..

you would think that the sport would be way bigger here but it just isn't. Wheneve I talk about it I get blank stares. I mean we have a minor league team but they don't get a large attendance and no one ever talks about them. The only person that I actually know here who likes hockey is this dude who's from Boston.

which team should i follow guys? my mum came back from her trip to north america and bought me a lethbridge hurricanes jersey. i live in a town of the same name so its kind of cool. but so far i dont have an nhl team to support. ive got a heap of red wings champs gear my sister got for me, but i dunno. is lethbridge affiliated with any nhl club at all?

What a cunt Chara is. I realize it might work, but he walks into the hashmarks to blast a slapshot during a shootout when he had easily the hardest shot in hockey. I hope he gets T-boned and dies on the way home tonight.

Over reaction much. Plenty of people use the shot in the shoot out because they may have a good one.

which team should i follow guys? my mum came back from her trip to north america and bought me a lethbridge hurricanes jersey. i live in a town of the same name so its kind of cool. but so far i dont have an nhl team to support. ive got a heap of red wings champs gear my sister got for me, but i dunno. is lethbridge affiliated with any nhl club at all?

According to Wikipedia, Lethbridge is a junior league team, meaning they've got kids from age 16-20 on their team, in Canada's Western Hockey League(WHL). They're not listed as being affiliated with any NHL teams.

What a cunt Chara is. I realize it might work, but he walks into the hashmarks to blast a slapshot during a shootout when he had easily the hardest shot in hockey. I hope he gets T-boned and dies on the way home tonight.

Oh please Miller has enough pads to stop a speeding car. Chara isn't a nice dude for a ton of other reasons