Hiking

I live right at the base of Mt. Tom, which is technically just a large hill. But it's got a handful of awesome trails, most of which will kick your ass. I spend a good amount if my free time spring-fall up there.

But I also hiked Yosemite 3 years ago, and that shit was mind-boggling. It was enormous, and it's vastness was more than I could even begin to comprehend. I need to get back there someday, and most certainly need to explore other mountains of similar majesty.

I live right at the base of Mt. Tom, which is technically just a large hill. But it's got a handful of awesome trails, most of which will kick your ass. I spend a good amount if my free time spring-fall up there.

But I also hiked Yosemite 3 years ago, and that shit was mind-boggling. It was enormous, and it's vastness was more than I could even begin to comprehend. I need to get back there someday, and most certainly need to explore other mountains of similar majesty.

did you do the John Muir trail? Me and my buddy are gonna start planning a 4 or 5 day trip there next year

Not familiar, but I'll look into it

its the 211 mile trail that is in the Sierras. Ill be doing part of it in the next year or 2, i guess its really hard to get permits.

Also, i finally got my cheap mini stove from China (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LUZCQM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) in the mail yesterday and gave it a test today and man that thing is awesome. The flame gets really high and boiled a pot of water in about a minute. It runs on the butane/propane mix canister

928023_679037882182658_368090397_n.jpg

unnamed.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Bumping this thread again, gonna do a overnighter in Ojai/Sespe Wilderness next week with a couple buddies and then me and one of them are doing 3 nights in Yosemite at the end of July.

First time in Yosemite?  I've always wanted to check it out, but never got around to planning a trip.  I definitely want to check out some hiking spots in Utah as well.

First time in Yosemite?  I've always wanted to check it out, but never got around to planning a trip.  I definitely want to check out some hiking spots in Utah as well.

Went a few times when i was a kid but its been 20+ years.

Im pretty excited, were gonna do Tuolomne Meadows to Yosemite Valley.

I really wanna go to Utah and check out Zion.

ZION TOO, YES.  That's also on my list of places to check out.  Sounds fun, man.  Have fun, be safe out there!  

Thanks ill post a vid after my Sespe trip next weekend.

I have a youtube channel with a couple videos of local hikes ive done, PV & Malibu specifically.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCr8PGHZetc612Kd04O7SHg

Gear shot of what i took to catalina a few months back

924158_965089506851829_1045717707_n.jpg

i'm hoping to get up to the adirondacks this summer or early fall. I've been hiking the parks around me but we don't have much in my area as far as altitude goes. plus i feel like i need to work up to it due to my condition. i just like being around trees, so it doesnt bother me much that i havent been able to literally climb a mountain, yet.

So glad this thread was bumped. I've been training to get into better shape to start climbing CO's 14ers. Anyone have experience with that? I'd love to hear some personal preferences as far as gear goes.

I live in Estes Park. If you want to hike in Rocky Mountain National Park or go up Longs Peak, let me know. I've lived here my whole life and am super familiar with the area.