Hiking

i would love to do the PCT one day, with getting married soon and starting a family shortly after that probably won't happen till I'm able to retire, or something.

same, the thought of dropping everything and just going comes into my head every few months.... 

Walk-to site in Moraine Park on the north side.

Do you have any hike recommendations? We did Emerald Lake and I want to say part/all of Upper Beavers Meadows last year.

That's a great area. The Glacier Gorge trail head has some of the best trails. Mills Lake to Black Lake is one of my favorites. In that same area is the Loch and Sky Pond. If you all want I can show you some cool areas around there.

That's a great area. The Glacier Gorge trail head has some of the best trails. Mills Lake to Black Lake is one of my favorites. In that same area is the Loch and Sky Pond. If you all want I can show you some cool areas around there.

Awesome, thank you! Mills/Black Lake seems amazing. I can already feel my legs turning into spaghetti.

• 1 month later...

The weather is warmer. We need more pictures in here.

I have probably spent 4 hours just watching gear review videos the past couple of weeks. I have the fever.

wonder if you've come across my youtube then ha.

im in need of a trip but i'm on lockdown until after my wedding in may.

I've watched the videos you posted in here. Good stuff.

I've been watching a lot of Backcountry Edge videos. It's nice to see the gear in 'action'

yeah they are great, i have a few loadout videos i haven't posted here. Ive been contacted by a couple companies to do review videos that i have been procrastinating on.

• 2 years later...
On 8/28/2018 at 10:49 AM, deafening said:

Raising this thread from the dead.

I've been looking into doing the Timberline Trail around Mt. Hood next year. I've never gone on a backcountry/multi-day hike before, so I'm pretty excited.

I've never done more than day hikes in the area, but Mt. Hood is beautiful. If you end up being around town a bit I have restaurant and record store recommendations.

• 3 years later...
6 minutes ago, iwokeinrelief said:

Love it!

Most me and my bud ever do is Eagle Rock up in Arkansas - it’s super tough to carve out more than like two days total; hopefully when our kids are a bit bigger we can do some bigger/higher/harder hikes.

Dude, I love eagle rock loop! I'm a few hours up north in the Fayetteville area. Would love to do a little meet up hike some time if you're down!

3 hours ago, Papercup said:

Dude, I love eagle rock loop! I'm a few hours up north in the Fayetteville area. Would love to do a little meet up hike some time if you're down!

Yeah, that would be awesome. My schedule for the next few months - with kids’ sports and work - *sucks* but a hike early next year would be cool. 

(+ not sure how much you’re into college football but I bet Fayetteville was nuts last night! Love that area, been up for a game a few years back and we have married friends up in Bentonville that - in normal times - we’ll visit and I go trail riding with the husband, which beats the hell out of Dallas trails)

Edited by iwokeinrelief