What video games have you been playing?

Traded in Kill zone and some old 360 games and got dynasty warriors 8 hahaha. Having a ton of stupid, repetitive, nostalgic, fun!

You just became so much cooler man. I thought I was the only one who liked (loves) the Dynasty Warriors games. I wish I had a PS3 so I could play the One Piece Dynasty Warriors games. My favorite may be Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 though. I can't tell you how many hours I put into that one.

Finished Golden Sun, just started Pokemon White 2. The starter fire pokemon looks absolutely horrendous, which is a huge downer; I usually like fire pokemon. I looked up the evolved forms and they're not much better. I went with the snake-like grass one. 

On another note, I actually hate stories in video games. For the most part. Really, I just hate cut scenes. Probably for the same reasons I don't like watching TV/movies. But I like text-based dialogue stories. So I dig a lot of PC ARPGs and even some oldschool JRPGs. Silly voice acting and cut scenes just takes me out of the game TBH. And that's probably the main reason why I just cannot get into Skyrm, no matter how hard I try. Because the gameplay is fun, but the NPC interactions just kill it for me. 

You just became so much cooler man. I thought I was the only one who liked (loves) the Dynasty Warriors games. I wish I had a PS3 so I could play the One Piece Dynasty Warriors games. My favorite may be Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 though. I can't tell you how many hours I put into that one.

Haha thank you, thank you.

I was always that kid growing up that never had the new systems and had to live vicariously through my friends who had Playstations and Xboxes. (I had a Sega Genesis and an N64 until I was.... 22?)  I remember playing the hell out of Dynasty Warriors on a gradeschool friend's PS and thinking it was the most fun I'd ever had haha.  I went to Gamestop expecting to walk out with Wolfenstein, but I saw Dynasty Warriors there and knew what had to be done!

No ragrets!

Haha thank you, thank you.

I was always that kid growing up that never had the new systems and had to live vicariously through my friends who had Playstations and Xboxes. (I had a Sega Genesis and an N64 until I was.... 22?) I remember playing the hell out of Dynasty Warriors on a gradeschool friend's PS and thinking it was the most fun I'd ever had haha. I went to Gamestop expecting to walk out with Wolfenstein, but I saw Dynasty Warriors there and knew what had to be done!

No ragrets!

Ahh, you must be talking about Xtreme Legends that just came out for the PS4. I never got into those spin-off/add on games they usually put out in between the main ones

But I'm with you though! The first one I played was DW3 for the PS2 and my friends house and as soon as I got my own PS2, that was the first game I bought. They're all just so mind-numbingly fun, I can't get enough.

Yeah it's the ps4 one - but I didn't think it was a spinoff? It's like the "ultimate" edition of DW8. I think it's DW8 with all the DLC etc. But, I could be wrong.  Regardless, it's the same old fun story mode and there's a pretty cool Ambition mode which I'm enjoying.

Still have no idea how to unlock characters or outfits or animals etc. but that's part of the fun.  I LOVE unlocking things... and games with 77 playable characters, hundreds of weapons, etc. etc. are just too much fun.

Yeah it's the ps4 one - but I didn't think it was a spinoff? It's like the "ultimate" edition of DW8. I think it's DW8 with all the DLC etc. But, I could be wrong. Regardless, it's the same old fun story mode and there's a pretty cool Ambition mode which I'm enjoying.

Still have no idea how to unlock characters or outfits or animals etc. but that's part of the fun. I LOVE unlocking things... and games with 77 playable characters, hundreds of weapons, etc. etc. are just too much fun.

Oh! Well that's really cool then. I never thought that's what it could be. But yeah, there's always special scenarios for unlocking characters and weapons so the first thing I do is print off a big list of the stuff I need to do to get everything, haha.

talked myself into buying a wii u. grabbed the bundle with new super mario/luigi bros. also picked up 2 pro controllers, mario kart 8, donkey kong tropical freeze, and super mario 3D world. fuck yeah nintendo!!

pretty cool side-note, if you register mario kart on club nintendo between now and (i think) the end of july you get a free game download. there's four or so choices and i had to go with legend of zelda: wind waker. pretty much got all the games i wanted in one fell swoop haha.

Finished Golden Sun, just started Pokemon White 2. The starter fire pokemon looks absolutely horrendous, which is a huge downer; I usually like fire pokemon. I looked up the evolved forms and they're not much better. I went with the snake-like grass one. 

On another note, I actually hate stories in video games. For the most part. Really, I just hate cut scenes. Probably for the same reasons I don't like watching TV/movies. But I like text-based dialogue stories. So I dig a lot of PC ARPGs and even some oldschool JRPGs. Silly voice acting and cut scenes just takes me out of the game TBH. And that's probably the main reason why I just cannot get into Skyrm, no matter how hard I try. Because the gameplay is fun, but the NPC interactions just kill it for me. 

Golden Sun is awesome. I remember my cousin playing FFVII and spamming through all the text cutscenes/dialogue. He LOVED it but had no idea what was going on in the game, it was truly baffling given how huge of a JRPG fan I am. 

Yes MK8 is sweet, working on unlocking everything now.

Id say the Wii U is worth it for MK8, Pikmin3, Windwaker along with the mario games. The only thing that threw me off was only being able to have 1 item at a time..... Im so used to holding one behind you and having one in reserve...... The MK Wii I spent thousands of hours online over the years.......