What video games have you been playing?

PS3 Tomb Raider was my favorite game on the console. Granted, at the time I didn't play many games AT ALL so it never had much competition, but I absolutely loved it. Worst gaming news of the year for me was the absolute bullshit with xbox getting the new game an entire year before PS4. A complete fuck you to half of the fanbase. I was hiiiiighly anticipating that one. 

So my roommate just bought The Last Of Us and told me to play it.  I put in about three hours earlier today and love it.

Those goddamn clickers.

Just started this myself on Saturday. So far I love it. The opening sequences are perfect, just what I want from video games!

One thing that's kind of annoying is that I borrowed the console from a friend who doesn't have an official Sony controller - so I can't do some of the things in-game (like recharge flashlight battery) without the official controller. Still, great great game. Also agree on those fucking clickers.

Also started MGS4 and I love it. Didn't really know what to expect, even though it came out seven(?) years ago!

Last Tomb Raider I completed was Tomb Raider II on the Playstation when I was about eleven. Took me a while, cos I think some of the puzzles were not really meant for eleven year olds. I remember the huge hype when it was released too, about the graphics, the music, the level design etc. I remember it being a big deal at the time. I did have TRIII too but I never finished it.

Honestly i am the same way. I hate watching a movie and not finishing it, getting into a tv show and stop watching. Same with games. I tend to also play games really late (see bioshock post above) so i weed out most that people say are bad or not worth the time.

I do the same thing. I have to get all the achievements that are impossible or require multiplayer before I can move on. And I hate spending more than $20 on a game, so I've done pretty well just playing the free games with Gold. I was so happy Bioshock Inifite was offered up a couple months ago. I just played and finished it last week. So fun, and it melted my brain a bit. Going through it now on 1999 mode.

I do the same thing. I have to get all the achievements that are impossible or require multiplayer before I can move on. And I hate spending more than $20 on a game, so I've done pretty well just playing the free games with Gold. I was so happy Bioshock Inifite was offered up a couple months ago. I just played and finished it last week. So fun, and it melted my brain a bit. Going through it now on 1999 mode.

1999 was so much fun. I enjoyed that much more than my first playthrough.

So i burned through bioshock infinite. On the last level of the game, my dog decided he wanted to play and ran into my 360. Heard the scratch of the disc and when i took it out disc had the circle scratch of death... Le sigh...

Also i had an issue where i was getting achievements and it wasnt connecting them to gamer score or anything. It has perpetually said i have 5 achievements for the game but if you click on the achievements tab it says i have 20. Anyone else have/had this problem? Super strange...

Is your estimated delivery date September 18th now as well? I ordered one after you posted this and I swore it said the 8th at first.

Also, I personally haven't bought Metal Gear Solid 5 (because I haven't played any of the other ones), but I'm really surprised at the lack of talk about it here. Really do wanna pick up the new Mad Max game though...

Also, I personally haven't bought Metal Gear Solid 5 (because I haven't played any of the other ones), but I'm really surprised at the lack of talk about it here. Really do wanna pick up the new Mad Max game though...

There are plenty of videos around that summarize the crazy story if you care. I've played every Metal Gear game many times and I still don't feel like I REALLY follow it. Not having played the previous games should not be a sticking point to playing the new one. Everything I read about it leads me to believe it's Kojima's masterstroke. The characters in MGS always engage me just enough to sort of care about the plot, but gameplay is really where it's at. Can't wait to pick up MGSV.

There are plenty of videos around that summarize the crazy story if you care. I've played every Metal Gear game many times and I still don't feel like I REALLY follow it. Not having played the previous games should not be a sticking point to playing the new one. Everything I read about it leads me to believe it's Kojima's masterstroke. The characters in MGS always engage me just enough to sort of care about the plot, but gameplay is really where it's at. Can't wait to pick up MGSV.

I've thought about doing that actually. Just don't wanna seem like a MGS "poser" or whatever. I've always been interested in playing and knowing about the games. But by the time I decided to start, I was already way too far behind.

I've thought about doing that actually. Just don't wanna seem like a MGS "poser" or whatever. I've always been interested in playing and knowing about the games. But by the time I decided to start, I was already way too far behind.

I've never played an MGS game before in my life. Some fellow VCers who have got me hyped on the new release a few weeks before it came out. I spent 1 day reading the insane impossibly complicated and convoluted backstory online before buying the game.

I haven't had any issues. The games haven't come out chronologically so everyone is already confused based on timelines etc.  You're no worse off reading some good summaries and jumping in than if you've been playing them for the last 20 years.

Buy it! The gameplay is absolutely superb if you like stealth and 3rd/first person shooters. It's my favorite game of the year so far.

Yeah, just chiming in to say MGS5 is one of the reasons I bought a next-gen console way back when, and it's totally delivering. It's currently criminally underrated around these here parts, but that's okay. It's like a little-known secret. The amount of detail and content is overwhelming. I'm at 11% after consistently playing for the last 2.5 days - including a 7 hour marathon yesterday - and I feel like I'm barely starting to scrape the surface.