What video games have you been playing?

Ah yeah, the good old days .

I'm perfectly content absent-mindedly slogging my way through Strategy JRPGs all winter while I watch TV haha. Finishing up Stella Glow, have a bunch of other unfinished stuff... Fire Emblem coming next week.

Mmmm. But. Still, they don't get me quite as pumped as new online Triple-A titles.

I've had mine defense open in a tab for far too long 

http://scholtek.com/minedefense

Cookie game just had a huge update a while back.

I also really enjoyed Clicker heroes (which is now available on droid!)

Everyone 2 or 3 years I pick up one of these click games and play for a week or so, then get burnt out.

The Long Dark - It's still in development, so only Sandbox mode is available right now.

But dude, so good.  It's set in the Canadian north during the winter. You are alone and start with almost nothing.  There is almost nothing out there except for hungry animals.

You scavenge for and craft tools, clothes, supplies, all while trying not to die.  You can starve to death, die of thirst, die of exhaustion, die of cold, die from injuries (animal attacks, falling, stepping in fire, etc), die from ailments (bad food/drink, complications from injuries, etc).

Your tools and clothes wear out with use.

In sandbox it's all just able how long you can survive, I almost made it to a month recently before running low on supplies and out of desperation making a fatal trek out at night to look for more.

Cookie game just had a huge update a while back.

I also really enjoyed Clicker heroes (which is now available on droid!)

Everyone 2 or 3 years I pick up one of these click games and play for a week or so, then get burnt out.

Yeah, same. I prefer the ones that idle more than active so I can just let a tab hang out while I do work around the house or browse the web. I started playing mine defense bc I saw the cookie game updated but it just wasn't doing it for me. I'll check out those others!

The Long Dark - It's still in development, so only Sandbox mode is available right now.

But dude, so good.  It's set in the Canadian north during the winter. You are alone and start with almost nothing.  There is almost nothing out there except for hungry animals.

You scavenge for and craft tools, clothes, supplies, all while trying not to die.  You can starve to death, die of thirst, die of exhaustion, die of cold, die from injuries (animal attacks, falling, stepping in fire, etc), die from ailments (bad food/drink, complications from injuries, etc).

Your tools and clothes wear out with use.

In sandbox it's all just able how long you can survive, I almost made it to a month recently before running low on supplies and out of desperation making a fatal trek out at night to look for more.

This sounds so cool! have any gample footage?

This sounds so cool! have any gample footage?

I'm not sure if that was a typo or I'm just not hip with the video game lingo these days (most likely the latter)

If you're asking about game footage?

If you're asking about game footage from ME, I have no idea how to even do that, hahaha.

The long and short of it, if you were one of those people that takes FOREVER on games because you explore and investigate every nook and cranny, this game is for you.

How does it play on mobile?? I was skeptical whenever I saw it was released 

It's... interesting I guess? you drag on the screen the direction you want to go, wherever you tap right as you start dragging brings up a virtual analog stick (is that contradictory? I don't know what to call it lol) on the screen for you to control motion, it's not too in the way so it works. In the bottom right screen is an action button and a back button, if there's an instance where you need the actual d pad and/or circle/square/triangle/x setup (like the sword fight with Blank in the beginning) it puts those up on the screen too. Whenever you walk up to people it also now brings up a small icon beside the action button to play Tetra Master.

There's a small pause icon in the top left corner, if you tap it to pause it also brings up 4 small icons which are: High Speed Mode which just speeds up certain parts of the game, not sure which, I haven't tried it yet, Battle Assistance which gives you full ATB gauge, HP, MP and Trance is always on (god mode basically),  9999 self explanatory, maxed out damage, and Safe Travel which eliminates random encounter battles (this includes the friendly monsters). Also you get the option to skip cutscenes now (not sure why you'd want to, they look amazing in this).

Other things they've added include options to get max gil, max levels and automatically learn abilities from items (actually using the ability one because I always hated having to keep an old item long enough to learn an ability when I had new ones to use). All of these are permanent once you set them so it's kind of a "make sure you really want this" deal. Essentially they've enabled you to gameshark this shit and remove all the challenge if you just wanna experience the story. You also can upload saves to the cloud so if you install this on more than one device you can continue your progress whatever you play on.

My only real complaint is the models for enemies and characters are fresh and cleaner looking but the backgrounds aren't redone so it's kinda this weird contrast of cleaned up graphics VS old ones. Either way it still looks better than it did on the PS1 IMO, not a deal breaker for me, just noticeable enough to mention.

I'm only so far as wrapping up dealing with the Evil Forest so I can't say how things are throughout the whole game but I'd say it's worth the buy. Sorry for the huge write up, just figured I'd break everything down in one place for you if you're interested!

let me know how that is! I was debating getting the bundle that came with both games.

Good luck if you mean the special edition hahaha.

Even buying 1 game is the same price as buying the bundled version though, both are 80 bucks all in. Buy 1 game, then you buy the 2nd as DLC and buy the third as DLC in 2 weeks :)

Good luck if you mean the special edition hahaha.

Even buying 1 game is the same price as buying the bundled version though, both are 80 bucks all in. Buy 1 game, then you buy the 2nd as DLC and buy the third as DLC in 2 weeks :)

Fuck I didn't even know about the special edition! Would have totally pre-ordered that. DAMN IT ALL.

Fuck I didn't even know about the special edition! Would have totally pre-ordered that. DAMN IT ALL.

Dont sweat it. It was impossible. Sold out in like an hour at every single place that sold it. Might be a few copies on shelves at places tomorrow but, youd probably have to be the first one in the door!

Some benefits to the buy 1 cart and 2 dlc approach though. Couple rewards in game, plus 3 save slots per path. Not sure how the special edition works but its definitely better to do 1 cart 2 dlc than 2 carts!

Game is excellent so far :)