What video games have you been playing?

I don't understand the point in playing a game in Japanese when the English version is out in a few weeks anyway. I could understand if it was 6+ months away.

Unless you speak and read fluent Japanese of course, or you're better at Japanese than English....

Maybe that's just me though. I've never understood the desire to play a game where I can't understand anything whatsoever.

I don't understand the point in playing a game in Japanese when the English version is out in a few weeks anyway. I could understand if it was 6+ months away.

Unless you speak and read fluent Japanese of course, or you're better at Japanese than English....

Maybe that's just me though. I've never understood the desire to play a game where I can't understand anything whatsoever.

There is literally no reason. Gonna be sooooooooo awesome not having an idea what the items or enemies or bosses or areas or weapons or armor or NPCs are called!!! SO COOL!

There isn't a whole lot of dialogue/ or prompts in Dark Souls so it's not a huge barrier for entry. DS has always been about the gameplay/tone imo. Importing games has been a hobby, an expensive one at that haha. [the google translate app is a beautiful thing]

I've got a few friends also playing through the version all helping each other if we get stuck. Plenty of translation guides already out too. 

if anyone wants help downloading the jp version toss me a PM

I was kind of under the impression that all the Souls games had been that way - I remember that the Korean version of Demon's had full English support as well.

no, ds1 and 2 jpn versions did not have english support, the ps4 version does not have english support, technically the xbone version doesnt either but the store currently allows you to DL an english verison. 

Urgh, I'm very tempted now. But I have it pre-ordered at a ridiculously low price on ps4, so I'll stick with that.

Stick with the PO. While it's feasible to buy imports digitally it can also get your account banned. Additionally, the supports may be english sub-titles but not audio, and while it may replace some text like YOU DIED it may not rename items, descriptions, etc.  Plus, at least with physical copies of imports, it's difficult to make future DLC work with it, since you will again need to buy the correct version etc. It opens you up to a lot of issues and risk just to play a game 2 weeks early, and possibly not even get the full experience at that.

Won't you guys just tell this dude how impressed you are that he is playing the game early so he will shut up about it.

Also there is a whole thread for Dark Souls 3 so why not discuss that game over there?

I find it fun to post around his useless gibberish... It's like a bot posting nonsense.

got Just Cause 3 a few days ago. it's ridiculous. I spent a lot of time on JC2 because it was about the best game to play whilst shutting your mind down completely. total brainless action.

JC3 is a lot of fun with the wingsuit, but so repetitive. plot is so fucking thin but then again, I didn't buy it for the story.

It's a half measure. Needs to completely erase that person from the boards.

A guy talking about a video game in the video game thread? Let's lynch the bastard.

Some people around here need to get the hell over themselves.

Alright. So I'm not playing any of these currently, but these are the games for PS4 that I'm looking forward to this year. I started looking through amazon for POs.

The Last Guardian (duh)

Rise of the Tomb Raider (damn you timed exclusives!)

Overwatch (looks neat, right?)

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (Is this just a remaster of Odin Sphere? because that game was super fun.)

Final Fantasy VII: Remake (hnnnng.)

Dark Souls III (still have to beat some of the others first.

Paragon (looks kind of neat. I said this before though.)

Kingdom Hearts III (not quite as amped about this one as any of the others, but I assume others of you might be)

Dishonored 2 (!!!)

Gravity Rush Remastered (never played the original, looks pretty cool though.)

No Man's Sky (actually not 100% sure how I feel about this. Could be awesome, could be lame.)

Anyone else have opinions about any of these?

Video games.

Alright. So I'm not playing any of these currently, but these are the games for PS4 that I'm looking forward to this year. I started looking through amazon for POs.

The Last Guardian (duh)

Rise of the Tomb Raider (damn you timed exclusives!)

Overwatch (looks neat, right?)

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (Is this just a remaster of Odin Sphere? because that game was super fun.)

Final Fantasy VII: Remake (hnnnng.)

Dark Souls III (still have to beat some of the others first.

Paragon (looks kind of neat. I said this before though.)

Kingdom Hearts III (not quite as amped about this one as any of the others, but I assume others of you might be)

Dishonored 2 (!!!)

Gravity Rush Remastered (never played the original, looks pretty cool though.)

No Man's Sky (actually not 100% sure how I feel about this. Could be awesome, could be lame.)

Anyone else have opinions about any of these?

Video games.

After recently replaying the original FF7 I am weary about the remake. There are many scenes in the game that will be hard to emulate in full 3D. I don't think it will evoke the same feel as OG FF7.

I also wouldn't be surprised if more than a few things were changed to avoid offending the public. (the cross dressing mission, Barrets attitude/dialogue to name a couple) 

That being said I'm still incredibly hyped for it and will buy it as soon as it's available. Them releasing it in episodes is ok with me as long as they aren't like 4 months apart.