What video games have you been playing?

2 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I'm team based FPS'ed out. I'm gonna DSIII it up.

But Destiny isn't really a team-based FPS?  I mean I guess it technically is, but classes have zero merit in PVP outside of "which ability do I wanna' use to get a few cheap kills?"  In half-competent Overwatch matches, though, team composition is pivotal.

1 hour ago, batman said:

Careful, you're gonna get shamed by Derek

Nah, at least he tried it.

17 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

But Destiny isn't really a team-based FPS?  I mean I guess it technically is, but classes have zero merit in PVP outside of "which ability do I wanna' use to get a few cheap kills?"  In half-competent Overwatch matches, though, team composition is pivotal.

Nah, at least he tried it.

I definitely get you. I appreciate the differences, I really do. I'm just not super big into mm games to begin with, and Destiny drained a lot of my desire to play (after a year and a half of that straight), ya know? I do like that this is more team based, and you need to have a balanced team like in WoW / Diablo / etc. I think Destiny just burned me out on FPSs in general unfortunately. Hopefully I'll come back to this when it's down to $30 or whatever and have fun. But in the mean time I'm going to Dark Souls it up cause I've it, especially since I didn't get Bloodborne. But yeah, Overwatch is definitely more my thing, but still, the burn is real. Maybe I'll hop on later and give it another go, but after an hour or two I wasn't feeling excited anymore. (I completely appreciate and understand the appeal though. I actually like it, but damn that Destiny and damn me for playing it too much.)

Overwatch was so good for the few hours I got to play last night. My friend bought Battleborn, and although I love Gearbox to death, it sort of seems like a half-baked Borderlands. The character designs are good, writing is fun and funny but not as good as Borderlands, an the gameplay is pretty stale. I never feel like I'm in any danger when I'm playing. Killing enemies doesn't feel very satisfying, even when you're mowing down an army. All the drops seem worthless, I never find myself rushing to pick anything up. And even when you're moments from death, you don't even realize because the game doesn't give you much feedback about taking damage. 

Especially after playing Overwatch, it was really underwhelming. I've never been a big team based-FPS fan so Battleborn only confirmed my lack of interest in the genre. Overwatch on the other hand, did the exact opposite. Battleborn's greatest strength, (and Overwatch's greatest weakness in my eyes) is that it offers couch co-op. Unlike the people in the game industry, I would way rather be able to play games with my friends together than have the highest possible frame rate. Call me old -fashioned.

On 5/10/2016 at 7:13 PM, batman said:

Uncharted 4 waiting for me at home. I sent my wife to Best Buy to get it because it was supposed to come with a collectible coin. They had them thrown in with that special edition ones so they gave her the $80 version for $60. Score!!

Same here. Only care about my birthday cause today is Uncharted day. Haha. It was done downloading at 5am and it took everything in me not to start it.

Edited by Dave Grohl