What video games have you been playing?

I just ordered myself a Pi Zero, gonna attempt to make myself a little emulator that I can plug into my TV. Never tried anything like this before to be honest! I'm fairly computer savvy but command lines and all that jazz is a bit unknown to me. I would love to tear apart a dead gameboy or something and make my own portable with a nice little HD screen. Maybe when I'm a bit more confident with the whole thing.

I SHOULD be able to run games from NES, SNES, Mega Drive/Genesis, Atari etc. And only my own genuinely owned games of course.....

Anyone else tried anything like this?

The reason for the double post, is a metaphor, for how the state of most games being released today, are usually broken and/or glitchy.

Test things before releasing.

Be the difference...

#makevideogamesgreatagain

Edited by No This Is Patrick

35 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Got THPS5 for $14. With the recent patches it's playable. So for that cheap I said fuck it cause I doubt Skate 4 is happening. 

Despite hearing it wasn't very good, I've always loved those games and would pick it up just to add to Lizzie Armanto's royalty check.

I'm surprised they aren't jumping for a chance to make Skate 4 for this generation of consoles.  

21 minutes ago, anthemforadoomed said:

Despite hearing it wasn't very good, I've always loved those games and would pick it up just to add to Lizzie Armanto's royalty check.

I'm surprised they aren't jumping for a chance to make Skate 4 for this generation of consoles.  

When it came out it was broken. There was a day 1 patch that was bigger than the game, and it was still broken. Two more patches have come out since then, the most recent one fixing the 'slam down' feature. I would never pay $60 for it, even if it was perfect (I never do), but for $14 I said 'fuck it' cause I've always been a huge fan of the series. I was hoping it would be out of the THPS 3 / 4 vein, but since it was Robo, I knew that wasn't going to be the case. But since is the only skate game for the current gen., I'll take what I can get to feed my skating fix. Especially since I have a rolled ankle right now, and ironically all I want to do is skate. And Lizzie is badass. Her Berlin Park '13 run was great. She's very fluid, and just seems to blend into the course. Always enjoy her lines.

I was reading a few articles about it the other day. I saw a tweet from EA saying nothing is in the works. Plus Blackbox isn't around anymore. So I don't know the likelihood of there being a Skate 4, but damn would I love one.

21 minutes ago, anthemforadoomed said:

When it came out it was broken. There was a day 1 patch that was bigger than the game, and it was still broken. Two more patches have come out since then, the most recent one fixing the 'slam down' feature. I would never pay $60 for it, even if it was perfect (I never do), but for $14 I said 'fuck it' cause I've always been a huge fan of the series. I was hoping it would be out of the THPS 3 / 4 vein, but since it was Robo, I knew that wasn't going to be the case. But since is the only skate game for the current gen., I'll take what I can get to feed my skating fix. Especially since I have a rolled ankle right now, and ironically all I want to do is skate. And Lizzie is badass. Her Berlin Park '13 run was great. She's very fluid, and just seems to blend into the course. Always enjoy her lines.

I was reading a few articles about it the other day. I saw a tweet from EA saying nothing is in the works. Plus Blackbox isn't around anymore. So I don't know the likelihood of there being a Skate 4, but damn would I love one.

2 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

And I totally forgot about this game, it was brought up last year, hopefully E3 will give us a release date:

Not a side-scroller(?) fan really, but just look at the art and music direction!!!

Yeah...I also had forgotten about this/might never have even known about it and it looks rad as fuck.

On 6/10/2016 at 2:13 PM, Dave Grohl said:

That's great they've patched it back to life, I wonder if it wasn't finished when it came out and the studio churned it out anyway like the Sonic game from 2006. I totally agree about Lizzie, she has great style and always uses every inch of the bowl. I'm sorry about your ankle! Heal up soon!

13 minutes ago, anthemforadoomed said:

That's great they've patched it back to life, I wonder if it wasn't finished when it came out and the studio churned it out anyway like the Sonic game from 2006. I totally agree about Lizzie, she has great style and always uses every inch of the bowl. I'm sorry about your ankle! Heal up soon!

Yeah, I watched bits and pieces of an hour of game play on the new patch, so that's why I pulled the trigger. I've watched a few interviews and reviews about it, and Robomodo is just a shit show. They aren't skaters, and they rushed the release. Neversoft and Activision, their games were so good cause so many people on the staff skated, and ones who didn't learned to. The behind the scenes videos were great. Actually skating definitely came into play whether the game was going to be good or not. I wish they would have done the new one cause it would have been perfect. But like I said, $14 to just free skate is fine with me. Sucks there isn't a story or anything like THUG or P8, but oh well. I'll let you know how it is. I saw a few copies on eBay for $16-20. And thanks, bud. 

Not much surprised me about Microsoft's conference. Xbox One S looks nice and I'll probably purchase that at the time of release. Friend of mine is excited for Scalebound, which I'll have to re-watch the trailer. Forza Horizon 3 looks like a lot of fun.

Project Scorpio confuses me a bit. It has all of this hardware, but from what I heard it seems as if only developers will be able to fully use it to their advantage? They mentioned that in their video a couple of times. Also confuses me since the new PlayStation Neo is rumored to run 4K as well, right? Or is there a difference?

And from Sony's conference, I'm excited for Days Gone. Apparently an open world, so I can't wait to see and hear more.

Resident Evil VII looks nice and scary.

I haven't played the God of War series, but this new one looks great.

Horizon: Zero Dawn is another that looks interesting. I've been following it for a while. 

Death Stranding looks very odd. I can't help but to think about Silent Hills since it has Norman Reedus. But - Kojima - so I'm excited. 

Edited by HybridxReality