What video games have you been playing?

Watched the new LoZ trailer (haven't watched any of the extended gameplay videos yet, not sure that I will in fear of spoilers) and it looks amazing. I would say that I'm glad I've held on to my barely used WiiU for all this time but I very well may pick up their new console if it looks like that version of the game will be superior.

11 hours ago, bluedeni said:

Really excited about Titanfall 2. It looks amazing. 

My man.

Overwatch has been great to me and I do plan on keeping at it, but a FPS with a little more grit (and gigantic mechs / broader weapons) would be a nice supplement to my slim gaming diet.

That and Last Guardian (with an official release date) have me the most excited.  The trailer for Death Stranding has me equal parts intrigued and uncomfortable.

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

My man.

Overwatch has been great to me and I do plan on keeping at it, but a FPS with a little more grit (and gigantic mechs / broader weapons) would be a nice supplement to my slim gaming diet.

That and Last Guardian (with an official release date) have me the most excited.  The trailer for Death Stranding has me equal parts intrigued and uncomfortable.

I really dig Overwatch but I totally agree with the wanting more of a FPS with grit/gigantic mechs/broader weapons part. I love that they added the grappling hook and a bigger move set to the mechs. I really enjoyed the first one and this looks like it will blow away the first one.

I had totally forgotten about Last Gaurdian. I am stoked we are going to get it this year. I agree about Death Stranding I just wish there was more concrete information about it.

14 hours ago, bluedeni said:

I really dig Overwatch but I totally agree with the wanting more of a FPS with grit/gigantic mechs/broader weapons part. I love that they added the grappling hook and a bigger move set to the mechs. I really enjoyed the first one and this looks like it will blow away the first one.

I had totally forgotten about Last Gaurdian. I am stoked we are going to get it this year. I agree about Death Stranding I just wish there was more concrete information about it.

Titan fall was actually the last game I played on my 360 before making the switch to a PS4.  That being said, it didn't look bad but it certainly wasn't gorgeous nor did it compete with it's current-gen counterparts.  But to consider how many hours I personally logged into it, I think that speaks volumes about the game itself.  Truly a case of gameplay > graphics.  What I admired most about Titanfall, specifically, was that it felt like 3 games in one: shooting soldiers as a soldier felt very different than evading giant mechs on foot and chipping away at them, and then mech-on-mech duels were just a whole different dynamic on top of that.  I really felt like I was getting my bang for my buck on that one.  It may not be the very first game to pull that mechanic off, but it's the first one I've dabbled with and the experience was pretty seamless and rewarding, 99% of the time.  There was undoubtedly room for improvement – I remember the attempt at a story was pretty bad, and a few mechanics (like Burn Cards, and storing them) could use some tweaking – but like you said, the trailer already looks like they're raising the bar quite a bit higher.  I took it upon myself to do all the fun challenges upon each "Prestige" to climb to the top rank, and I remember a few were kind of ridiculous... like sniping an ejecting pilot out from the sky, with the rail gun.  I can't imagine what kind of challenges and trophies they'll implement with those grappling hooks.

The Last Guardian has been a long time coming and it feels kind of surreal to have an actual date on paper.  I really, truly hope it doesn't flop.  The art style and general direction looks like it's everything I could ask for, but seeing as they essentially built it from the ground up twice, I hope it delivers on expectations in regards to gameplay, longevity, and graphics.  I can't express how disheartening it'd be to wait year after year for a buggy solo-adventure that can be conquered in two or three moderate sittings.

And Death Stranding... yeah.  I'm curious on what kind of contract or interest Kojima has with Reedus and his likelihood in newer titles.  I believe I read a statement from Hideo not too long ago that confirmed the new game would in fact be action / gun centric, not unlike MGS.  He's keeping it very cryptic (and weird) to keep the conversation afloat, I'm sure, but it'll be very interesting to see where he takes a new title that has zero obligation to follow any kind of MGS / action-espionage molding.

Alright, so all my E3 hype goes to:

God Of War 4

The Last Guardian

Resident Evil 7

Inside

Prey

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Death Stranding

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Detroit: Become Human

Vampyr

We Happy Few

Such a great time to be a gamer.  The Batman VR game sounds awesome too, but I'm finding it hard to get hyped about any of the VR stuff...

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

I was doing some cleaning today and came across a code for an engram gear pack for Destiny that came with my PS4. It says the pack scales to your character's level. Here's the code if anyone wants it. 

NED3-F8N5-GK7F

Grabbed this out of curiosity. Thanks!

39 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

More people need to play Sleeping Dogs.  One of my favorite games of all-time.  I never get tired of it.

It's amazing. And a pretty painless 100% since the collectibles serve a purpose. I absolutely love the hand-to-hand combat too. 

On 4/14/2016 at 2:10 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:
On 4/14/2016 at 1:15 PM, dantheriver said:

The people that made Guacamelee! (another cool game you can play on vita, definitely check it out if you are into metroidvania progression games) have a new Vita exclusive called Severed coming out this year. I'm pretty bummed I don't have a Vita anymore to play it. I'm hoping for a console port, but it's something you'll be able to check out now.

Second guacamelee. That game was funnnnnn

Yo i know it's been like three months but this is on sale 60% off this week with the PSN sale so I'm probably going to finally get it 

19 hours ago, The Saint said:

Been playing a lot of platformers the last few months. Inside, Ori and the Blind Forest, Unravel, Oxenfree, and I replayed Limbo. I've preferred the platformer experience a lot more after all of the overwhelming open world games I tackled last year. 

I'm super overwhelmed with my games right now because they're all open world haha. Makes it a pain when you wanna play a different game, but that different game is also massive as fuck.