What video games have you been playing?

Yeah, please post the video. I got all the way to crota with a hunter (not

without dying, but I'm working up to flawless). It just seemed like the extra grenades of a warlock would make it so much easier to get more damage on crota for each stun. Plus, I want to make the end as easy as possible. No big deal if you die early, but dying at crota means you probably wasted 15 minutes.

it would be awesome if there was a better way to get crota than what I was trying.

1 hour ago, thebiglebowski said:

Yeah, please post the video. I got all the way to crota with a hunter (not

without dying, but I'm working up to flawless). It just seemed like the extra grenades of a warlock would make it so much easier to get more damage on crota for each stun. Plus, I want to make the end as easy as possible. No big deal if you die early, but dying at crota means you probably wasted 15 minutes.

it would be awesome if there was a better way to get crota than what I was trying.

I'm gonna try and find the one I used, I glanced through my YouTube history earlier and didn't see it but I'll check again. For Crota I used the exotic solar sword like this:

Take down sword bearer - grab sword

Jump on right side rock, crouch for invis

Jump to Crota, drop sword and use the super attack of the solar exotic sword to take down Crota in 1 hit (I'm making the assumption that you are max light level or close to it, if you aren't powerful enough to 1 hit Crota then I'm not sure this strat would work)

Repick up sword and strike 3-4 times (whatever you are comfortable with)

You can try for another go via hitting a melee to go invisible again or just jump out and start over. 

Will check for that video again when I get to my hotel tonight. Good luck!

I spent a good few hours getting into Akiba's Trip for the first time--enjoying strolling the streets of Japan, amassing an interchangeable wardrobe and using the integrated social media to track down improptu J-Pop idol street performances; only to realize there is no autosave feature in Akiba's Trip. :| 

My data :o

2 hours ago, swisherprice said:

I grabbed The Handsome Collection when it was $15 a few weeks back. I never played a single Borderlands game before this, but I'm enjoying the shit out of Borderlands 2. Already to Sanctuary on Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode and 4 trophies away from platinum!

Does anyone know if the Vita version of Borderlands 2 holds up to the console versions? Been considering playing it but I dunno about an fps on handheld.

Also, I just finished Final Fantasy X-HD- for the first time in a decade (well, first time for the HD edition). My brain is swirling with Spira theories and thoughts of the characters tales. I just heard Final Fantasy X-WILL- for the first time and it's fucking me up. I think I understand it though and it just makes my heart break for both Yuna and Tidus. If anyone would like to discuss the contents of WILL or Spira post-game, feel free to hit me up! Would love to blab 

Been getting back into Star Wars Battlefront. (Crossing my fingers for the season pass to drop!) Had a flippin' sweet Fighter Squadron match the other day, K/D was 55/1. With 33 being actual players! And am doing some late night play-throughs of Alan Wake. Also, recently figured out game sharing (Xbox One), very cool feature.

Cleaned my friends list a bit... if anyone wants my gamertag, I guess message me here? (Don't want getting spam messages on my account or whatever). Multiplayer wise, I mostly do Star Wars Battlefront and Elder Scrolls Online and sometimes dabble in DC Universe Online and Minecraft.

Edited by No This Is Patrick

Just picked up Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition for $15 new a few days ago and it's been alright so far. Getting used to the combat is weird, but it's a fun game. Really looking forward to Resident Evil 4 at the end of the month. Coming pretty close to owning physical copies of every numbered Resident Evil game on the same console. 

No Man's Sky is pretty damn awesome and addicting.  Taking me a while to get used to managing my inventory system and the crafting parts as well.  Not usually into games that deal with a lot of that, but I'm making an exception.

I swear though, the first time I took off into orbit, that was one of the coolest things I've ever done in a game.  I don't think that will ever get old.

1 hour ago, FiggyPuddling said:

No Man's Sky is pretty damn awesome and addicting.  Taking me a while to get used to managing my inventory system and the crafting parts as well.  Not usually into games that deal with a lot of that, but I'm making an exception.

I swear though, the first time I took off into orbit, that was one of the coolest things I've ever done in a game.  I don't think that will ever get old.

I felt the same way regarding inventory. My tip is buy EVERY SINGLE BACKPACK UPGRADE YOU SEE. They are in the pods (you'll see them) on planets, and in the side opposite the Galactic Markets in Space Stations. If that all sounds like nonsense, it will make sense soon enough. I have my exosuit maxed out now with 48 slots. My ship is still the second one I've had with 18 slots. Backpack upgrades are where it's at. I never worry about space anymore.

40 minutes ago, rooks said:

I felt the same way regarding inventory. My tip is buy EVERY SINGLE BACKPACK UPGRADE YOU SEE. They are in the pods (you'll see them) on planets, and in the side opposite the Galactic Markets in Space Stations. If that all sounds like nonsense, it will make sense soon enough. I have my exosuit maxed out now with 48 slots. My ship is still the second one I've had with 18 slots. Backpack upgrades are where it's at. I never worry about space anymore.

Very helpful, thanks man.  I've upgraded one slot so far at a pod I discovered on my first planet.  But didn't think about them being in specific areas, thought I just got lucky.  Definitely gonna keep that in mind though!

8 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Very helpful, thanks man.  I've upgraded one slot so far at a pod I discovered on my first planet.  But didn't think about them being in specific areas, thought I just got lucky.  Definitely gonna keep that in mind though!

Yrah, after you get something called Atlas Pass v1 you can get a backpack upgrade at every space station. Planets also have a bunch sometimes -  I've seen planets with as many as 4 or more. I usually do low fly-bys on planets between markers, and see them on the way.

Just keep in mind, they get expensive. In the beginning they are always 10k more expensive than the last one.

57 minutes ago, rooks said:

Yrah, after you get something called Atlas Pass v1 you can get a backpack upgrade at every space station. Planets also have a bunch sometimes -  I've seen planets with as many as 4 or more. I usually do low fly-bys on planets between markers, and see them on the way.

Just keep in mind, they get expensive. In the beginning they are always 10k more expensive than the last one.

Hoping to get one of those Atlas Passes soon.  Ran into so many things on my first planet that required me to have one.

56 minutes ago, rooks said:

I have yet to receive an Atlas Pass recipe, but good to know!

2 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Hoping to get one of those Atlas Passes soon.  Ran into so many things on my first planet that required me to have one.

Well, keep in mind Atlas Pass v1 will open the red cylinder containers and the left side door in Space Stations, but other doors all require Atlas pass v2 or v3 - which I do not even have yet :'( despite trying.

2 minutes ago, rooks said:

Well, keep in mind Atlas Pass v1 will open the red cylinder containers and the left side door in Space Stations, but other doors all require Atlas pass v2 or v3 - which I do not even have yet :'( despite trying.

Yeah, I was referring to those red cylinder containers.  I haven't been to a space station yet.  Will probably check one out tomorrow.  Won't get a chance to play tonight after work unfortunately... 

11 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Been playing Doom. Its fun and chaotic. The font is insanely hard to read its so small. there is so much hidden stuff ill never care enough to find it all. 

Its getting repetitive unfortunately but doesnt seem like an insanely long game. 

I wanted to like DOOM but I played the demo and it felt repetitive to me even by the end of the Demo which was like 15 minutes long :\

11 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Been playing Doom. Its fun and chaotic. The font is insanely hard to read its so small. there is so much hidden stuff ill never care enough to find it all. 

Its getting repetitive unfortunately but doesnt seem like an insanely long game. 

I wanted to like DOOM but I played the demo and it felt repetitive to me even by the end of the Demo which was like 15 minutes long :\