What video games have you been playing?

So I go to Best Buy to pre order in person cause I have some cash on me (I rarely have cash, so I wanted to use it on this cause it won't get used otherwise). I drive out there to have some unenthusiastic employee tell me I can't apply the $10 vouchers to pre orders. She said I would have to pre order, buy it day of, return it, then apply the vouchers and buy it back. What... no. So I end up giving my Dad the cash, and use his Best Buy CC (free points, fuck it), apply the vouchers, and boom. I hate when employees just say whatever to end the conversation just cause they don't feel like being at work. Whatever, Bioshock is a few weeks. THE HYPE IS REAL. Stoked to get to play one of my favorite series of all time on current gen. Now I just need a legit THPS game...

VedE7ON.png

^ Pretty sure that's their actual policy. GameStop is the same way, you can't apply a coupon/voucher to a preorder when prepaying. But if you just reserve the game with $5 then when you pick up the game you can use vouchers towards the balance. Since your vouchers are expiring prior to the game launch the website was your only option.

^ Pretty sure that's their actual policy. GameStop is the same way, you can't apply a coupon/voucher to a preorder when prepaying. But if you just reserve the game with $5 then when you pick up the game you can use vouchers towards the balance. Since your vouchers are expiring prior to the game launch the website was your only option.

5 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

She wouldn't let me do either though. I wanted to pay for it up front, not do the reserve thing. That's what didn't make sense to me. If I could do it online, why couldn't I do it in person? I got it either way, so it's no big deal. I was just confused that I could do it online (when she said I couldn't, as well as not do it on person), but not in person. Know what I mean? 

Edited by Dave Grohl

24 minutes ago, mmfood said:

I don't like the keywords used to :/ 

I need to find someone to trade records with for video games 

When I first joined the site I was getting rid of my vintage games collection and traded a bunch of stuff to a user for records. You may find someone.

50 minutes ago, mmfood said:

I don't like the keywords used to :/ 

I need to find someone to trade records with for video games 

Ended up selling them off because in the couple years I had been collecting everything had practically doubled in price. Didn't want to pay what things cost and didn't have the time to really fully enjoy and play the games. Sold most of it off and turned it into records.

Sounds like we may have worked something out anyway though. I may still have a few random games around, if I do I'll throw them in the package for you 

1 hour ago, KingTacoMunster said:

I need a membership, will look into this groupon....

I'm already not too keen on multiplayer services, so me paying for it is an on and off thing. The price increase is just going to keep me playing my single player jams. Except DS will probably be the tipping point...

Whatever. Bioshock.

2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I'm already not too keen on multiplayer services, so me paying for it is an on and off thing. The price increase is just going to keep me playing my single player jams. Except DS will probably be the tipping point...

Whatever. Bioshock.

im boring, the only game ive been playing is MLB The Show. I do have WWE17 on pre-order but I need to get some more games to play with people online...

On August 19, 2016 at 0:29 PM, Dave Grohl said:

So I go to Best Buy to pre order in person cause I have some cash on me (I rarely have cash, so I wanted to use it on this cause it won't get used otherwise). I drive out there to have some unenthusiastic employee tell me I can't apply the $10 vouchers to pre orders. She said I would have to pre order, buy it day of, return it, then apply the vouchers and buy it back. What... no. So I end up giving my Dad the cash, and use his Best Buy CC (free points, fuck it), apply the vouchers, and boom. I hate when employees just say whatever to end the conversation just cause they don't feel like being at work. Whatever, Bioshock is a few weeks. THE HYPE IS REAL. Stoked to get to play one of my favorite series of all time on current gen. Now I just need a legit THPS game...

VedE7ON.png

Fuck yea!

stick it to the (wo)man!

Just pre-ordered Bioshock as well. So excited, really can't wait to get back into it them.

I started the DLC for Witcher 3 at the weekend as I want to get through it before Bioshock. Last time I played W3 was a year ago, and man I'm struggling to remember where everything is and how things work....

To those of you who own an XBOX ONE....

I only play Halo 4 on Xbox 360.  Since I've owned a 360 3 years ago, besides Halo 4 I played Borderlands 2 for like a week. Never anything else.  I often play w my roommates!

I decided it was time to upgrade to Halo 5, so me and my friend went to Gamestop, bought 3 new controllers and the Halo 5 bundle with the Xbox One S ( I do have a 4k TV although I don't ever need to stream ).

After hours of setting it up and installing Halo 5 (took 2 hours? why?????) we found out the hard way that there is no split screen.  Like what the fuck.  I don't keep up with gaming news and had absolutely no idea you couldn't split screen ( I feel really stupid now ).

Are there many multiplayer split screen games out there?  I don't know if I should return it or just deal with it.  The Halo 5 game play does seem really nice (although I suck compared to Halo 4 where I go positive constantly).  It cost us $450 for the game / xbox / 2 extra controllers and warranty.

I'm not asking for what to do, but are there enough good games out there that I should look into and maybe play Xbox more?

2 hours ago, jacobraccuia said:

To those of you who own an XBOX ONE....

Only game I can think of is Call of Duty (maybe, I don't own it myself) and I absolutely despise that game. If you can get the Master Chief Collection (Halo 1-4) I think that does split-screen. I play a lot of Star Wars Battlefront, and that has some local split-screen, but it's not much.

It seems (to me) that split-screen or local co-op games are becoming "obsolete". As in games won't host those features anymore... nowadays the internet/online games are becoming more accessible, so why do LAN parties and stuff? And a lot of these games have soooo much design into them (environments, character details, etc.) that "limiting" them to a split screen (almost) takes away from the game. Or at least that's how I think publishers/developers are thinking.

And to answer your last question... there are plenty of "good" games. But, yeah, it's still kinda your call on what you think you'd enjoy.

Hopefully something there helps...