What video games have you been playing?

Glad you sorted the lag Batman! If you don't already know, there's a few things you can do to personalise Retropie:

Themes

Custom Splashscreens (still images or a video) 

Scraping game data (gives you things like box art, a game synopsis etc) 

A bit of Googling will explain how to do these, but if you need any help hit me up. 

6 hours ago, Le Gogh said:

Glad you sorted the lag Batman! If you don't already know, there's a few things you can do to personalise Retropie:

Themes

Custom Splashscreens (still images or a video) 

Scraping game data (gives you things like box art, a game synopsis etc) 

A bit of Googling will explain how to do these, but if you need any help hit me up. 

got the wifi setup w/ a bluetooth keyboard i had laying around--really happy that it worked so now i can transfer roms wirelessly (i used a flash drive to start). then had an issue where my mac was duplicating the roms w/ an underscore. figured out the linux command to remove them, and now i'm scraping box art. this has been pretty fun to figure out. i've already loaded all the NES games that the retro console would have included. 

24 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I may jump on this raspberry pi train. Been thinking it would be nice to emulate all my old games from when I had the great sell-off of '13.

has anyone done N64 on it? Do they run well?

I've run a few N64 games on my pi 3, and for the most part they run ok. There's a few settings that you can change to make things run a little better, and overclocking seems to help as well. 

The main thing is, Mario 64, Starfox 64, and Goldeneye work well (although Goldeneye hasn't aged well, the controls are awful). 8bitdo are even releasing a bluetooth n64 controller...  http://www.8bitdo.com/n64/

Haven't got around to testing Mario Kart 64 yet. 

25 minutes ago, Le Gogh said:

I've run a few N64 games on my pi 3, and for the most part they run ok. There's a few settings that you can change to make things run a little better, and overclocking seems to help as well. 

The main thing is, Mario 64, Starfox 64, and Goldeneye work well (although Goldeneye hasn't aged well, the controls are awful). 8bitdo are even releasing a bluetooth n64 controller...  http://www.8bitdo.com/n64/

Haven't got around to testing Mario Kart 64 yet. 

Gotta play that Banjo Kazooie!

edit: and Paper Mario!

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

36 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Gotta play that Banjo Kazooie!

edit: and Paper Mario!

Oh man, I forgot about Paper Mario! 

This guy has a handful of videos where he tests N64 games on a recent version of Retropie (4.0), may be worth checking some of them out? 

"Beat" Pokemon Moon today, in that I finished the Elite Four and watched the credits scroll.

Finally time to dig into the actual game :)

Word to the wise - don't become Champion if you're in a hurry. After the final fight there are like 20-30 mins of unskippable cutscenes followed by 10 minutes that felt like 10 hours of unskippable credits, followed by another 5 to 10 minutes of unskippable cutscenes before you can finally save your game post-final fight.

I got my RetroPie set up tonight and it seems to be running pretty well. Only small issues I've come across is with overscan (only really noticeable in the Emulation Station menus and changing the settings does nothing) and the SNES USB controller I got is really sensitive, especially the DPad. I'll hold down to scroll through games and it will mistake it for either left or right and take me to another system or sometimes it will just scroll on its own without me pressing anything. I have another controller of the same style I haven't opened yet so tomorrow I'm gonna see if that one has the same problems. Other than that, I've had a blast playing through games I haven't thought about in decades (and wondering how I was so good at them when I was 8 and how much I suck at them now).

Grabbed a PS4 console bundle last night from Best Buy.  I'm ready!!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-4-console-uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-bundle-with-ratchet-clank-and-the-last-of-us-remastered/9999274800050001.p?skuId=9999274800050001

It's a good deal at $250.  You get Uncharted 4, but also The Last Of Us and Ratchet & Clank tossed in for free.

29 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Grabbed DSIII for $20 at Best Buy and some stuff off the PS store sale. Wolfenstein:

the Old Blood, something else I can't remember and... DragonballZ Xenoverse because I'm a nerd. Pretty fun though.

That Xenoverse price is one hell of a deal.  I saw they had the 2nd one at Best Buy for $25.  I would've gotten it if I already didn't pay full price for it around when it came out haha.

1 hour ago, FiggyPuddling said:

That Xenoverse price is one hell of a deal.  I saw they had the 2nd one at Best Buy for $25.  I would've gotten it if I already didn't pay full price for it around when it came out haha.

I could never bring myself to pay full price for it, but it's super fun so far!

On 11/27/2016 at 11:40 AM, bigmanandy said:

Picked up Burnout Paradise from Steams Autumn Sale.  Owned it years ago on disc but wanted it on Steam.  Still a really good open world racer.

Awesome game. It just became backwards compatible on the One, and will be free in December, so I'll be playing again. 

I did pretty good over over this weekend as far as game deals go. All physical. 

Mafia 3- $30 (+3 months of Live for $5 more)

Batman: The TellTale Series- $15

ReCore- $15

Lego Dimensions Level Packs: Back to te Future, Sonic the Hedgehog, Adventure Time, Portal 2

Lego Dimensions Bane Fun Pack (got a Green Arrow character free with this)