What video games have you been playing?

21 hours ago, Unique Antics said:

They just released an update allowing you to play acoustic by using a USB mic. I've heard good things about it but if you're still on the fence, you can buy a cheap copy without the cable and try it out using the USB mic setting. The game itself has a scaled difficulty so it starts off super easy and then raises the bar the better you get. 

I'll probably end up getting the cable but thanks for the info I didn't know about the mic.

3 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

It's $30 at GameStop until the end of the day 

I live in Canada I think used copies are still $60 or $70.

A little off topic but I just picked up a 24" Sony Trinitron for $10. I told myself I would wait for a free one but couldn't resist, especially since all the free ones are 27"+ (can get up to 300 lbs) Retro gaming on this TV is amazing. It's too heavy to be casually moving around like this cheap 19" Memorex TV I had so I may end up getting a stand for it next to my flat screen. The blacks are incredible, playing in a dark room at night, I couldn't see anything when a blank black screen appeared. There's usually a faint line going down the middle of the TV while playing my SNES (common issue since it was released) but after hooking it up to this Trinitron it's barely noticeable. I feel as though these TVs will become more sought after since TVs these days don't feature 240p which is needed to play older games.  Definitely grab one if you're into retro gaming. 

6 hours ago, mmfood said:

A little off topic but I just picked up a 24" Sony Trinitron for $10. I told myself I would wait for a free one but couldn't resist, especially since all the free ones are 27"+ (can get up to 300 lbs) Retro gaming on this TV is amazing. It's too heavy to be casually moving around like this cheap 19" Memorex TV I had so I may end up getting a stand for it next to my flat screen. The blacks are incredible, playing in a dark room at night, I couldn't see anything when a blank black screen appeared. There's usually a faint line going down the middle of the TV while playing my SNES (common issue since it was released) but after hooking it up to this Trinitron it's barely noticeable. I feel as though these TVs will become more sought after since TVs these days don't feature 240p which is needed to play older games.  Definitely grab one if you're into retro gaming. 

That's the main selling factor of the NES Classic, it uses HDMI. Unfortunately Nintendo is still sitting on their dicks in the manufacturing department. 

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Grabbed Star Wars: Battlefront and the expansion for relatively cheap and I've been loving it. Played a little bit too late last night and was getting owned by the real MVPs though.

I finally got new TR. It was only $30 (digital) via Amazon. I've been playing it the last three days. I love it more than Uncharted 4 oddly enough.

6 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

It looks so good on my new 4k LED TV. How is yours treating you? I really want to get a new PS4 when they have a model that does 4k blu ray playback.

Oh, I love this tv more than most things I own :P

I can't see upgrading to a 4k ps4 though, not sure really how much of a difference I'd really see honestly. Plus I think the next video game thing I buy will be a Switch. :)

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Oh, I love this tv more than most things I own :P

I can't see upgrading to a 4k ps4 though, not sure really how much of a difference I'd really see honestly. Plus I think the next video game thing I buy will be a Switch. :)

Can't wait for more Switch info next week!

19 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Grabbed Star Wars: Battlefront and the expansion for relatively cheap and I've been loving it. Played a little bit too late last night and was getting owned by the real MVPs though.

Same. I grabbed the ultimate edition digitally with all the DLC for like $27. Super fun but I'm so lost with all the modes. 

Finished up Ratchet and Clank too that I got for Christmas. Now to chip away at FFXV. 

My list of games to play is so so long at the moment! It's getting silly. I have FFXV but I'm gonna wait for the big story patch before I start it. 

I've been ploughing endless amounts of time into Astroneer at the moment. It's utterly addictive and well worth getting even in its pre-alpha stage. 

Edit: anyone interested should give this a read - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-03-at-the-moment-astroneer-is-a-fascinating-inversion-of-typical-sci-fi-wonder

Edited by Le Gogh

1 hour ago, museummouth said:

Same. I grabbed the ultimate edition digitally with all the DLC for like $27. Super fun but I'm so lost with all the modes. 

Finished up Ratchet and Clank too that I got for Christmas. Now to chip away at FFXV. 

Seriously. There's a lot to learn! I've been really enjoying the stuff on Bespin best I think.

Just now, museummouth said:

Amazing year lined up. Just preordered RE7 which looks beyond amazing. 

Defintely!  I plan on getting like... half of the releases in that video, of not more, haha.

*Off Topic*: I wish you'd put up more videos on YouTube man.  I check almost every other day to see if you've put a new one up, haha.

6 minutes ago, curator said:

I got Uncharted 4 w/ my ps4 bundle.  Should I grab the collection before I play 4 though?  The collection is pretty cheap (less than $20).

Never played 4, so don't know how much story ties in, but 1-3 are certainly worth a play. $20 is a great deal for them.

11 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Never played 4, so don't know how much story ties in, but 1-3 are certainly worth a play. $20 is a great deal for them.

10 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Very much so. 

Grabbed it today at Best Buy for a cool $18.  Thanks felllllas