What video games have you been playing?

43 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I didn't really see anything that Best Buy GCU hasnt had a better price on recently.  

Naw, GCU is where it's at for sure. I had some trades to take in though so it worked out to less out of pocket. I got Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens Deluxe Edition for $20, which comes with the season pass and a lego figure, so that's not a bad at all.

16 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Any recommendations for digital download games that are $20 or less? My system will be here Monday, but the games have not even shipped yet. I was debating Until Dawn, RE4 (though I've played this game a million times) or something else.

Don't download them. Just go buy discs from best buy. They have tons and tons of $20 games. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Don't download them. Just go buy discs from best buy. They have tons and tons of $20 games. 

I essentially ended up texting him that with a game list. They are actually having a good sale right now. Most of those $20 games are $14.99 like Uncharted Collection, Last Of Us Remastered,  Ratchet & Clank , and Bloodborne. And $29.99 games are going for $19.99 like DOOM and Fallout 4.

13 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I essentially ended up texting him that with a game list. They are actually having a good sale right now. Most of those $20 games are $14.99 like Uncharted Collection, Last Of Us Remastered,  Ratchet & Clank , and Bloodborne. And $29.99 games are going for $19.99 like DOOM and Fallout 4.

I saw that. Unfortunately I already own or played everything they marked down. And if you're GCU, they're even cheaper. 

For anyone else wanting cheap games:

Dark Souls III

$27.58 - Amazon - Disc 

$29.99 - Best Buy

Fire Fades Edition w. 2 DLCs

$49.99 - Amazon - Disc

$49.99 - Best Buy

Skyrim

$29.99 - Amazon  

Bioshock Trilogy Remastered
$25 - Amazon - Disc

Uncharted Collection
$15 - Amazon - Disc
$19.99 - ps4 store

Uncharted 4
$19.99 - ps4 store
$14.99 - Best Buy - Disc
$14.99 - Amazon - Disc

Shadow of Mordor 
$19.99 - Amazon - Disc, Digital
$19.99 - Best Buy

DOOM
$19.99 - Amazon - Disc
$19.99 - Best Buy

Last of Us
$14.99 - Best Buy - Disc
$19.99 - ps4 store

Far Cry 4
$15.84 - Amazon - Disc

Bloodborne 
$19.99 - ps4 store
$14.99 - Best Buy

Tomb Raider
$19.56 - Amazon - Disc
$19.99 - Best Buy

Dishonored
$18.39 - Amazon - Disc
$19.99 - ps4 store
$19.99 - Best Buy

Dishonored 2

$26.49 - Amazon - Disc

$29.99 - Best Buy

Elder Scrolls
$15.99 - Amazon - Disc

Rathchet & Clank
$14.99 - Best Buy
$19.99 - ps4 store

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I may be able to top that.

This will be the third time buying the game for me, and I couldn't be happier. So stoked that it's a remake, and not just a remaster. I will never pre-order a game faster than this one. My god, I can't wait. Now we just new a true 4k machine to go with it.

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I may be able to top that.

I'm pretty excited about this as well because I've actually never played it.  Always heard how amazing it is and now I can finally check it out myself.

Honestly though, I was a little disappointed with Sony's press conference.  No surprises at all really.  Just more info about games we already knew were coming out. I mean, that's a good thing!  I'm really excited for Days Gone, God Of War, Detroit, and Spider-Man.  But I always look forward to a surprise or 2 each year.

Also, I wish I was more excited for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite than I am... The majority of the characters are the same from the previous game and their move sets seem to be almost the same as well.  Not to mention no X-Men or Fantastic 4 characters really sucks.

As for an upcoming fighting game I'm INCREDIBLY excited for: Dragon Ball FighterZ.  2D fighter from the guys who make Guily Gear and looks to play like Marvel vs. Capcom?  Dream come true.

Fuck those Team ICO games. They've been overrated since ICO was first announced. 

Also, there is a true 4k machine coming out but it ain't coming from Sony :)

Anthem and Super Lucky's Tales are the games I'm most excited about. I'm also curious about Days Gone and Hellblade. I've had my eye on the latter for awhile. Days Gone looks good but it also looks like the sum of its parts.

On 2/11/2017 at 2:38 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

I just bought a PS4 Pro. What exclusives should I check out that aren't Japanese games like the Last Guardian and whatnot?

On 2/11/2017 at 4:12 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

I don't like Dark Souls and I know Bloodborne is similar but more difficult. 

I guess I should've said "no games that are blatantly Japanese as fuck" like Yakuza, Final Fantasy, and that kinda shit. I don't like the mechanics of most Japanese games. 

Obviously I'm getting all the Uncharted games. The first three are pretty good, and the fourth looks alright

On 2/12/2017 at 1:49 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

Nioh, Yakuza, and most other PlayStation exclusives are Japanese, am I right? Main problem I have with them is the mechanics and visuals. Most Japanese games have outdated mechanics.

JRPGs aren't of any interest to me

On 3/13/2017 at 11:00 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

Naughty Dog may be the most overrated developer in earth.  I don't see TLOU or Uncharted as exclusives to really brag about.

On 3/13/2017 at 7:58 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

Crash Bandicoot is one of my all-time favorites for sure, but you cannot tell me that Uncharted and TLOU are worthy of all that hype. Sure, the stories are good. But TLOU was so fucking boring until the second half. The controls are clumsy as fuck, same with Uncharted. I know all the sony fanboys love to talk about how great those games look, but they aren't really anything special outside of their graphics and narratives. 

46 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Fuck those Team ICO games. They've been overrated since ICO was first announced. 

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

Watched the Sony event at a movie theater last night and it was mostly underwhelming. The PlayLink stuff looked cool (I love playing the Jackbox games with friends so this is right up my alley) and Hidden Agenda has a lot of potential, but there wasn't a whole lot else that was really surprising. Spider-Man was the best part, though. Reminds me a lot of Arkham-style gameplay with some Uncharted visuals mixed in.

9 minutes ago, rooks said:

XCOM2 dlc announcement is excellent news, I love that game. 

Excited for Nintendo's announcements in an hour. 

Destiny 2 moved up 2 days for release and beta dates announced also great news.

Xcom and Nintendo mentioned in the same post, might as well bring up the Mario and Rabbids game. Looks so much better than I anticipated when the crossover was leaked.

2 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Xcom and Nintendo mentioned in the same post, might as well bring up the Mario and Rabbids game. Looks so much better than I anticipated when the crossover was leaked.

I still don't know what the rabbids are, or what game they're from but I'll check it out!

ARMS isn't really tickling my fancy, it looks okay but not $60 okay. I never played Splatoon so that seems like it could be a cool change of pace. And I want that Mario game pretty bad, haven't played any since Mario 64.

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I don't like what you like so it's overrated: extra naïve edition

The world would be boring if everyone enjoyed the same shit, but please stop for 3 seconds and consider what you're writing before you post it.  If games like SotC and TLOU were truly overrated, why are people collectively frothing at the mouth over trailers for sequels and remakes?  Why are the general reviews through the roof?  It would do you well to accept that you maybe don't personally "get" a specific game or company's style, but using blanket terms like "overrated" isn't getting you anywhere.  "I never got the hype behind SotC" sounds a lot more intelligent and less dismissive than "fuck Team ICO they've always been overrrated as shit", no? I've never played a Lego game in my life and have no intention to, but I'm fine with accepting that they're not for me if everyone else wants to (actually) shit bricks over them.

That being said, I personally don't go ham on gaming like I did in my teens, so the sparse selection of E3 reveals (so far?) hasn't really phased me, personally.  Destiny 2 is probably the nearest release I'm excited for.  Isn't that FF7 remake supposed to happen this year, too?  Or is that so overrated that everyone stopped caring by now?

Would love to see more on Death Stranding, but I suppose that it and KH3 will be showcased in the Japanese expo – the name eludes me – that happens next month.  Another bit of TLOU2 teasing would've been welcomed too, but hopefully they've got their nose to the grindstone on the game instead of trailers for it.

oh, un-related to E3 and new stuff - Thumper is actually a pretty cool twist on rhythm games and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Hard as hell but definitely enjoyable - the soundtrack is great. it's made by 2 guys from Harmonix i believe, so they know what they're doing. 

It's a perfect price point at $20 imo, and having it on switch so I can play it wherever is also nice, since the controls are simple and after the story there is a Play+ mode that's even faster/harder, seems like it will be perfect for long car rides/train rides/plane rides in the future.

Edited by rooks

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The world would be boring if everyone enjoyed the same shit, but please stop for 3 seconds and consider what you're writing before you post it.  If games like SotC and TLOU were truly overrated, why are people collectively frothing at the mouth over trailers for sequels and remakes?  Why are the general reviews through the roof?  It would do you well to accept that you maybe don't personally "get" a specific game or company's style, but using blanket terms like "overrated" isn't getting you anywhere.  "I never got the hype behind SotC" sounds a lot more intelligent and less dismissive than "fuck Team ICO they've always been overrrated as shit", no? I've never played a Lego game in my life and have no intention to, but I'm fine with accepting that they're not for me if everyone else wants to (actually) shit bricks over them.

That being said, I personally don't go ham on gaming like I did in my teens, so the sparse selection of E3 reveals (so far?) hasn't really phased me, personally.  Destiny 2 is probably the nearest release I'm excited for.  Isn't that FF7 remake supposed to happen this year, too?  Or is that so overrated that everyone stopped caring by now?

Would love to see more on Death Stranding, but I suppose that it and KH3 will be showcased in the Japanese expo – the name eludes me – that happens next month.  Another bit of TLOU2 teasing would've been welcomed too, but hopefully they've got their nose to the grindstone on the game instead of trailers for it.

FF7 remake is hardly even in the works. Squeenix is still hiring for that game. Everyone is joking about it being a PS5 launch title at this point.

Death Stranding probably won't be coming until 2019, if we're lucky.

Here's an article about KH3 and FF7 remake. Both are expected in the next three years according to this. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/05/27/both-final-fantasy-vii-remake-and-kingdom-hearts-iii-will-launch-in-the-next-three-years/amp/

I'll go back to having my own opinion. Thanks.