What video games have you been playing?

Star Wars Battlefront II beta.

It's different than the first... not sure how I feel about it yet. I was expecting it to be an "expansion" off the first, but it feels like a complete overhaul. It's still been pretty fun, Xbox One is having issues with playing with your friends though, so that's been a bummer.

24 minutes ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Star Wars Battlefront II beta.

It's different than the first... not sure how I feel about it yet. I was expecting it to be an "expansion" off the first, but it feels like a complete overhaul. It's still been pretty fun, Xbox One is having issues with playing with your friends though, so that's been a bummer.

Might have to grab and play this to see if it's worth picking up

2 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

You play the first one at all?

Yup. Enjoyed the first reboot. I've heard a lot of complaints about the progression system already though.

Also wouldn't be the first time a game publisher has fucked up a pretty straightforward sequel if it ends up being garbage.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

On 10/9/2017 at 9:32 AM, njpunkmusic said:

anyone pre-order XB1X?  Im wondering if it will be hard to get launch day and around the holiday season?

Yes, I pre-ordered the X1X Project Scorpio edition (a stand and “Project Scorpio” lettering(who cares?)). It is pricey. Not really sure if it will be hard to get. I’m looking forward to the (hopefully) improved performance and interested to see how the HDR will look on some games. My X1 is from just after launch, so i’ll Be happy with the extra storage, quiet fan, and no external power brick.

Edited by kannibal

On 10/9/2017 at 7:04 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yup. Enjoyed the first reboot. I've heard a lot of complaints about the progression system already though.

Also wouldn't be the first time a game publisher has fucked up a pretty straightforward sequel if it ends up being garbage.

Well that's good... a lot of people seem to hate the reboot for whatever reason. Well, I know some of the reasons why, but I don't think they hold up.

The sequel is growing on me a bit... still wish they would've stuck with the original "layouts". Fighter combat seemed slow and sluggish. I was struggling with ground combat (not getting kills, hitting players while aiming, etc.) It was a bit of a weird experience considering Battlefront (2015) is my best shooter, stats wise.

If anything we have a new single player story right? It's been forever since a good Star Wars solo story game.

• 2 weeks later...

really excited to get my XB1X next week.  Havent had a video game system in a year.  Excited for CoD WWII.  Also going to try and join that new gamestop thing they got going.  $60 for a 6 month pass to "rent" any used game and then bring back to exchange for another whenever.  You could rent dozens of games for only $10 a month.  And at the end of the 6 months you get to pick one game to keep.

32 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I'm in Bowser world now. Game might be a little shorter than I expected. I've gotten most of the collectables on most world's too. Still super fun though.

I'm pretty sure half or so of the moons/coins are unreachable until endgame. There's like 800+ moons across all the worlds. I've been just playing through at my leisure, picking up the moons I feel like tackling etc. I'm in the Ocean world now fighting the giant Octo boss. Been having a blast with it as a downtime time waster.

2 hours ago, rooks said:

I'm pretty sure half or so of the moons/coins are unreachable until endgame. There's like 800+ moons across all the worlds. I've been just playing through at my leisure, picking up the moons I feel like tackling etc. I'm in the Ocean world now fighting the giant Octo boss. Been having a blast with it as a downtime time waster.

Oh jeez! That would make sense if there are that many, I'm over 300 right now. October boss was probably my favorite one!

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Oh jeez! That would make sense if there are that many, I'm over 300 right now. October boss was probably my favorite one!

The total number of Power Moons clocks in at over 900, so suffice to say there are a lot to collect, with you able to pick them up in the game's 15 initial kingdoms along with the locations you can visit post-game.

Yeah, seems there are MORE than a few :P

Edited by rooks

5 minutes ago, rooks said:
  Hide contents

The total number of Power Moons clocks in at over 900, so suffice to say there are a lot to collect, with you able to pick them up in the game's 15 initial kingdoms along with the locations you can visit post-game.

Yeah, seems there are MORE than a few :P

Holy smokes. Just unlocked some post-game areas...