What video games have you been playing?

I know this is not the absolutely correct place for this, but I just have to give it a try...

The StarCraft: Remastered soundtrack is up for ordering through Blizzard's online shop - sadly only for pickup at BlizzCon, though. :(

https://gear.blizzard.com/blink/blink-shopping/starcraft-remastered-vinyl

I know, it's a long shot... but is anyone going there and would be willing to pick a copy up?

16 minutes ago, blessedxcursed said:

Do I buy Destiny 2, Wolfenstein 2 or the new Call of Duty? Or do I wait for Star Wars Battlefront II?

So far my call on that would be Wolfenstein, but that's just because I can't devote myself to multiplayer stuff they way I used to. It gets to a point where I can't stay as competitive as I'd like anymore without putting in too much time.

12 hours ago, blessedxcursed said:

Do I buy Destiny 2, Wolfenstein 2 or the new Call of Duty? Or do I wait for Star Wars Battlefront II?

Wolfenstein has like 20 hours of gameplay AFAIK. I’d say if you like online play, CoD or Destiny. I’ve heard D2 is just a shitshow for some people, but if you’re a casual gamer, I’m sure it’s fine for you. I’m anxiously awaiting CoD, as my absolute favorite multiplayer CoD was World at War, so hopefully WW2 brings back some of those vibes. 

2 hours ago, PigeonsPlayingWhatNow said:

Wolfenstein has like 20 hours of gameplay AFAIK. I’d say if you like online play, CoD or Destiny. I’ve heard D2 is just a shitshow for some people, but if you’re a casual gamer, I’m sure it’s fine for you. I’m anxiously awaiting CoD, as my absolute favorite multiplayer CoD was World at War, so hopefully WW2 brings back some of those vibes. 

See, I would say the exact opposite. If you're casually playing D2 you're not going to be able to complete raids with any regularity, which is a big part of the game. Trying to coordinate a group to get that shit done was the worst part of Destiny.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

See, I would say the exact opposite. If you're casually playing D2 you're not going to be able to complete raids with any regularity, which is a big part of the game. Trying to coordinate a group to get that shit done was the worst part of Destiny.

I haven’t actually played D2 yet. I do have a friend however that won’t shut up about how bad it is, so that might’ve influenced my view point. But like I said I haven’t played it yet so I could be completely wrong.

2 hours ago, PigeonsPlayingWhatNow said:

I haven’t actually played D2 yet. I do have a friend however that won’t shut up about how bad it is, so that might’ve influenced my view point. But like I said I haven’t played it yet so I could be completely wrong.

Is your friend bad at the game?

D2 is 100% catered towards casuals right now.  Everyone is sqwauking (and rightfully so) because there is very little end-game content for serious players.  It's structured in a manner, at the moment, that you can casually put in an hour or two each day through the week, and be on the same level / have the same gear as hardcore players who do 8 hours on Tuesday night - with the weekly reset - and then twiddle their thumbs for the rest of the week.

14 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

D2 is 100% catered towards casuals right now.  Everyone is sqwauking (and rightfully so) because there is very little end-game content for serious players.  It's structured in a manner, at the moment, that you can casually put in an hour or two each day through the week, and be on the same level / have the same gear as hardcore players who do 8 hours on Tuesday night - with the weekly reset - and then twiddle their thumbs for the rest of the week.

Huh. Super different from the original, eh? I may end up picking it up after all then. I didn't want to have to get to serious about it.

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Huh. Super different from the original, eh? I may end up picking it up after all then. I didn't want to have to get to serious about it.

The upcoming expansions may change that, since everyone is crying about the lack of content right now.  I wouldn't be surprised if they made it more grindy in the coming months.  But for now it's pretty easy.  Lots of people have hit max level without even touching the raid.

19 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The upcoming expansions may change that, since everyone is crying about the lack of content right now.  I wouldn't be surprised if they made it more grindy in the coming months.  But for now it's pretty easy.  Lots of people have hit max level without even touching the raid.

Hrm.

58 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

This post is exactly what he was saying. I think you guys misunderstood me. He’s a pretty good gamer, otherwise I don’t think he’d be complaining. 

Side note: I am literally counting down the hours until I can play CoD:WW2. I haven’t been this excited about a CoD game since probably World at War or Modern Warfare 2. Am I alone? Hahaha I feel like everyone HATES CoD these days. 

Edited by PigeonsPlayingWhatNow

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Anybody buy Star Wars Battlefront 2 and happy with it? I've heard nothing but shit talked about it so far due to the paywalls.

Not out til Friday, but I've heard the same things. Apparently some characters are locked behind a paywall or you essentially have to grind insane amounts to get them.

23 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Not out til Friday, but I've heard the same things. Apparently some characters are locked behind a paywall or you essentially have to grind insane amounts to get them.

I've read that Vader and Luke are locked behind ~40 hour grinds (each) or pay, Chewie, Leia, and some others are also locked, but not sure how many hours to unlock them. Fucking absurd. Maybe if the game was free.

10 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I've read that Vader and Luke are locked behind ~40 hour grinds (each) or pay, Chewie, Leia, and some others are also locked, but not sure how many hours to unlock them. Fucking absurd. Maybe if the game was free.

24 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Yeah it's a huge turn off :( I don't mind hiding cosmetic items in loot boxes (i.e. Overwatch) but characters, weapons, levels is lame.

EA has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history about this right now. Was at 28,000 downvotes when I went to bed last night and it's at 313,000 downvotes now :)

https://i.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/comment/dppum98?st=J9XRL8E2&sh=5c173a70

11 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Anybody buy Star Wars Battlefront 2 and happy with it? I've heard nothing but shit talked about it so far due to the paywalls.

I pre-ordered. Just the "standard edition", so no play until Thursday night-ish for me.

I enjoyed the beta overall, and it sounded like they were making some changes to the "loot". Like tying weapons to gameplay achievements/milestones, etc. And as for getting "better" gear and cards, you earn credits in game to buy the loot boxes. As for the Luke/Vader characters... it kinda makes sense (I put a ton of hours into the first so that's not going to be an issue), but for them being iconic figures, I can see why people can be upset. Again, I liked the beta, and it is a little early still for my overall thoughts on the game.

Have a season pass or be riddled with micro-transactions, pick your poison.

Edited by No This Is Patrick

8 minutes ago, No This Is Patrick said:

I pre-ordered. Just the "standard edition", so no play until Thursday night-ish for me.

I enjoyed the beta overall, and it sounded like they were making some changes to the "loot". Like tying weapons to gameplay achievements/milestones, etc. And as for getting "better" gear and cards, you earn credits in game to buy the loot boxes. As for the Luke/Vader characters... it kinda makes sense (I put a ton of hours into the first so that's not going to be an issue), but for them being iconic figures, I can see why people can be upset. Again, I liked the beta, and it is a little early still for my overall thoughts on the game.

Have a season pass or be riddled with micro-transactions, pick your poison.

I mean...or they could just release a full, finished game for a reasonable price...

56 minutes ago, rooks said:

EA has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history about this right now. Was at 28,000 downvotes when I went to bed last night and it's at 313,000 downvotes now :)

https://i.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/comment/dppum98?st=J9XRL8E2&sh=5c173a70

Holy smoke. So most by a long shot.