What video games have you been playing?

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate is $2.99 on PSN right now so I bought that. So stoked, it was one of the best parts of owning a PS3. Preordered the physical editions of Wonder Boy for Switch and PS4 yesterday, along with a physical copy of the Secret of Mana remake for PS4. I’ll probably buy Monster Hunter World on release as well. 

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I never got a Wii U so I’m fine with all these ports/remasters. Best part is definitely Kirby tho. My girlfriend and I are gonna have a blast with Kirby. 

Same on the Wii u front. I'm incredibly stoked. I also can't wait for those Bayonetta rereleases next month! I know what I'll be playing on vacation :)

Plus...Mario Tennis!!! Shit was my jam in HS.

Anyone who didn't fall into the Wii U trap owes it to themselves to play Tropical Freeze when it comes out, if you like that kind of game. It's a masterpiece in every way. I already own it and even the port makes me want to buy a Switch.  Really hoping this means there will be a follow-up next year.

6 hours ago, batman said:

Super stoked for Dark Souls Remastered. Will likely get it on PS4 and Switch. 

I'll definitely be grabbing it on switch.

Honestly I'll probably snag most of the stuff mentioned in the direct, but specifically Dark Souls, DK, Kirby, and Mario Tennis, and possibly Hyrule Warriors. Plus I'm stoked on Bayonetta 1&2 going to switch, and 3 coming out sometime, Metroid Prime 4 (and hopefully 1-3 remastered), Lost Sphear, Octopath Traveller (whatever that ends up being called), the Mega Man X collection,  and I'm personally pretty stoked about the Yoshi game too.

It'll take something really special to pull me away from the Switch back over to my PS4 for the near future.

I've been loving the Switch. I picked one up a few months ago before a vacation with a lot of travel time. I've kind of fallen out of gaming lately, but the Switch has pulled me right back in. I love being able to take it into work on a slow day and play some Mario Kart with coworkers. 

I've been playing tons of Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Golf Story, and Stardew Valley. I've got some Gamestop credit, so I might pick up Xenoblade Chronicles next. 

I'm also excited for the ports of all the great Wii U games I missed. It's such a smart move on Nintendo's part to rerelease them now that the Switch is such a hit. I need Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze!

17 minutes ago, Secular Haze said:

We got a Switch for Christmas.  I'm planning on picking up SF2 in the next week or so.  I need to relive the Early 90s.  I'll even put a couple quarters up against my TV screen while I play.

I'd hold out if I were you and just get the SF collection they're releasing.

2 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Just when Nintendo was starting to make great moves, they come along and try to sell cardboard boxes for $80 :|

Yeah...I think it's a neat idea, but it isn't for me and the price is a little up there. That said...I'm incredibly stoked with the lineup so far for 2018 and there are more announcements coming soon!

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yeah...I think it's a neat idea, but it isn't for me and the price is a little up there. That said...I'm incredibly stoked with the lineup so far for 2018 and there are more announcements coming soon!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still hyped for what’s coming. Kirby, DK, and the Nicalis games (Wonder Boy, Blade Strangers) are gonna be great. I just don’t understand the Labo shit. It’s obviously marketed at kids, but the prices are so fucked that no parent in their right mind would buy it. For real, if my daughter were old enough to want one, I would give her twice the cost to just forget about it. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

11 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still hyped for what’s coming. Kirby, DK, and the Nicalis games (Wonder Boy, Blade Strangers) are gonna be great. I just don’t understand the Labo shit. It’s obviously marketed at kids, but the prices are so fucked that no parent in their right mind would buy it. For real, if my daughter were old enough to want one, I would give her twice the cost to just forget about it. 

Word.

Reminder to everyone: if you have amazon prime all physical POs are 20% off. I think I've got 6 preorders right now. Dark Souls remaster is $32.

Dark Souls

DK: Tropical Freeze

Bayonetta

Kirby

Yoshi

Mario Tennis.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

7 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Word.

Reminder to everyone: if you have amazon prime all physical POs are 20% off. I think I've got 6 preorders right now. Dark Souls remaster is $32.

Dark Souls

DK: Tropical Freeze

Bayonetta

Kirby

Yoshi

Mario Tennis.

Not all, amazon has shitty stipulations on that 20% off. No collector’s editions, and sometimes remasters as well. Bayonetta 1/2 for Switch wasn’t 20% off until enough people complained about it to customer service. I paid full price for the Kingdom Hearts remasters cuz they weren’t “new”.

Best Buy gamers club unlocked is 20% off every single game. New, old, on sale. Last week I got the Dishonored 2 Collector’s edition at Best Buy for $44. 

So I tried bioshock, but didnt like it.  I now have traded that back in and have no games and signed up for game pass.  Got 2 weeks free and then another month free.  So far Im playing Gears of War 4 which is always fun.  I also have downloaded but not gotten to these yet; Metro, Mad Max, and State of Decay.